Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 17 posts | 
by Tim Zurowski on Fri May 10, 2019 6:09 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
I received this email today "apparently" from Adobe (see text below). This seems like a scam to me? Anyone else receive similar emails?

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td][table][tr][td][/td]
[td]Dear Valued Customer,[/td]
[td] [/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td] [/td]
[td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]At Adobe, we always strive to deliver more value to our customers, including much requested new features and capabilities, critical bug fixes and security updates. For these reasons we recommend all customers use the latest release of our Creative Cloud applications.[/font][/td]
[td] [/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td] [/td]
[td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We have recently discontinued certain older versions of Creative Cloud applications and as a result, under the terms of our agreement, you are no longer licensed to use them. Based on your preference settings, we are not able to see if you are using any of the discontinued versions.[/font][/td]
[td] [/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td] [/td]
[td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please be aware that should you use the discontinued version(s), you may be at risk of potential claims of infringement by third parties.[/font][/td]
[td] [/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td] [/td]
[td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please upgrade to the latest version(s) using the instructions below. By upgrading, you will continue to receive all the value that Creative Cloud has to offer.[/font][/td]
[td] [/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td] [/td]
[td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here’s what to do next:[/font][/td]
[td] [/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td] [/td]
[td][ul]
[li]Review the list of discontinued versions below.[/li]
[li]If you are using any of these applications, please download and install the latest version(s) using the Creative Cloud Desktop application.[/li]
[li]If you do not have the Creative Cloud Desktop application, you can download and install it here.[/li]
[li]For detailed instructions on how to use the Creative Cloud Desktop application, click here.[/li]
[li]You can also download and install these applications (after signing in) from Adobe.com here.[/li]
[/ul]
[/td]
[td] [/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td] [/td]
[td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Should you have any difficulties, Adobe’s Customer Support organization is available to answer any questions about upgrading your Creative Cloud software. Please contact them here. Finally, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you in advance for your cooperation.[/font][/td]
[td] [/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td] [/td]
[td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Regards,
The Adobe Team[/font]
[/td]
[td] [/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
[table][tr][td] [/td]
[td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please note: If a product is not listed in the table below, all versions continue to be authorized. All version numbers listed below are as they appear in the Creative Cloud Desktop App.[/font][/td]
[td] [/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td] [/td]
[td][table][tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Product[/font][/td]
[td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Discontinued Major Product Versions & all dot releases[/font][/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Photoshop[/font][/td]
[td]CC 18.1.6 and prior, CC 17, CC 16, CC 15, CC 14, 13[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]InDesign[/font][/td]
[td]CC 9, 8[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Premiere Pro[/font][/td]
[td]CC 11, CC 10, CC 9, CC 8, CC 7, 6[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Media Encoder[/font][/td]
[td]CC 11, CC 10, CC 9, CC 8, CC 7, 6[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After Effects[/font][/td]
[td]CC 14, CC 13, CC 12, 11[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Animate[/font][/td]
[td]CC 16, CC 15, CC 14, CC 13, 12[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Audition[/font][/td]
[td]CC 10, CC 9, CC 8, CC 7, CC 6, 5[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lightroom Classic[/font][/td]
[td]CC 6, CC 5, CC4[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bridge[/font][/td]
[td]CC 7, CC 6[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prelude[/font][/td]
[td]CC 6, CC 5, CC 4, CC 3, CC 2, 1[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SpeedGrade[/font][/td]
[td]CC 9, CC 8, CC 7, 6[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Captivate[/font][/td]
[td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Captivate 2017 (10.0.0)[/font][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

[/td]
[td] [/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

by Tim Zurowski on Fri May 10, 2019 6:10 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
D A M N, I wish NSN would fix this inability to copy and paste text here. There is no way I am going or can retype the whole email message.

by Ron Poppe on Fri May 10, 2019 6:20 pm
Ron Poppe
Lifetime Member
Member #:01303
Received the same email, looks like a scam.
Ron
Pensacola, FL

by SantaFeJoe on Fri May 10, 2019 6:28 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
I don’t know if this is related, but it may be:

https://theblog.adobe.com/changes-to-cr ... ailability

https://www.dpreview.com/news/599360879 ... p-versions

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Tim Zurowski on Fri May 10, 2019 6:56 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
Thanks Ron . . . . . . I am pretty sure it is a scam as well.

by E.J. Peiker on Fri May 10, 2019 8:46 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Tim Zurowski wrote:D A M N, I wish NSN would fix this inability to copy and paste text here. There is no way I am going or can retype the whole email message.
It's very easy to fix or rather prevent yourself - simply click on the icon with the tiny piece of paper right above the text entry box prior to pasting the text.

by SantaFeJoe on Fri May 10, 2019 9:11 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
This is readable for those too "unwilling or lazy" to do it for themselves:
It is advisable to remove the links(also seen as "here" in blue) so that they are unclickable(as corrected above)!

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Tim Zurowski on Fri May 10, 2019 9:49 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
Joe, you know I have been on the fence for quite some time now about whether I want to post or partake in the NSN forums anymore. It is people like you that have made the final decision for me. To insinuate that I am "unwilling or too lazy" to have posted it like that is just plain rude and disrespectful. Did you ever consider that I honestly did not (and still do not) know how to do it. I tried doing what EJ suggested and it will not work for me. How the heck would anyone ever know about that little feature when prior to the site upgrade it was not necessary. Anyway, I am out of here, like SO MANY have done before me. Amazing I lasted this long! NSN has now become nothing more than the EJ Peiker and SantaFeJoe show and I (like MANY others) am sick of it.

by SantaFeJoe on Sat May 11, 2019 1:17 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Tim, almost all of us come across as rude and disrespectful at times, much as you did at the bottom of the page here:

https://www.naturescapes.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=248085&start=20

I will no longer reply to your future posts, if any, just as you don't have to read anything I post. Just to be clear, I don't represent NSN and am not affiliated with them other than as simply a poster here. Anything I say is strictly my opinion and should in no way be assumed to reflect NSNs' opinions or attitudes. I have never implied that my opinions should reflect anything but my own opinions and attitudes.
Now, if you truly want to know about pasting copied text, the late Gary Briney wrote this article a long time ago:

https://www.naturescapes.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=246634

Joe

by E.J. Peiker on Sun May 12, 2019 4:54 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Tim Zurowski wrote:Joe, you know I have been on the fence for quite some time now about whether I want to post or partake in the NSN forums anymore. It is people like you that have made the final decision for me. To insinuate that I am "unwilling or too lazy" to have posted it like that is just plain rude and disrespectful. Did you ever consider that I honestly did not (and still do not) know how to do it. I tried doing what EJ suggested and it will not work for me. How the heck would anyone ever know about that little feature when prior to the site upgrade it was not necessary. Anyway, I am out of here, like SO MANY have done before me. Amazing I lasted this long! NSN has now become nothing more than the EJ Peiker and SantaFeJoe show and I (like MANY others) am sick of it.
Wow, seriously?  I have given you many hours of help on many topics over the years when you ask questions that could easily be answered by a simple Google search.  Often I have to research the answers which I do without hesitation.  Sorry that you think by me answering your many questions and problems that you encounter as being the E.J. show...

by Ed Cordes on Sun May 12, 2019 8:47 am
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
Well, gentlemen, I, for one, have learned an immense amount of information on photography, cameras and computer/cyber topics over the many years of membership I have. The small amount of payment each year is more than worth it to me. I thank Greg, E.J., and all the moderators and staff for putting together the best product possible.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

by chrissandys27 on Sun May 12, 2019 9:01 am
chrissandys27
Forum Contributor
Although I do not post very often I have been a registered user of Naturescapes for over 12 years and regularly dip in to the forums for inspiration and education. In all that time it has struck me how patient EJ has been in answering questions, often at great length,  yet far too often without seeming to receive any thanks from posters who raised the original issue. Perhaps the appreciation is shown through private messages, I certainly hope so.  Despite that Naturescapes forums  have always struck me as being  generally civilsed places to hold discussions. Long may it continue and from me at least a thank you to EJ and other Naturescape  members for continuing to provide what in my view is by far and away the best site of its kind.
Chris Sandys

Last edited by chrissandys27 on Tue May 21, 2019 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Neilyb on Sun May 12, 2019 12:27 pm
Neilyb
Forum Contributor
chrissandys27 wrote:Although I do not post very often I have been a registered user of Naturescapes for over 12 years and regularly dip in to the forums for inspiration and education. In all that time it has struck me how patient EJ has been in answering questions, often at great length,  yet far too often without seeming to receive any thanks from posters who raised the original issue. Perhaps the apprerciation is shown through private messages, I certainly hope so.  Despite that Naturescapes forums  have always struck me as being  generally civilsed places to hold discussions. Long may it continue and from me at least a thank you to EJ and other Naturescape  members for continuing to provide what in my view is by far and away the best site of its kind.
Civilized and with minumum fanboy input, unlike almost all other forums I have ever visited. Just wish I was ever able to help EJ out one day ;)

by signgrap on Sun May 12, 2019 1:06 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
Neilyb wrote:
chrissandys27 wrote:Although I do not post very often I have been a registered user of Naturescapes for over 12 years and regularly dip in to the forums for inspiration and education. In all that time it has struck me how patient EJ has been in answering questions, often at great length,  yet far too often without seeming to receive any thanks from posters who raised the original issue. Perhaps the appreciation is shown through private messages, I certainly hope so.  Despite that Naturescapes forums  have always struck me as being  generally civilized places to hold discussions. Long may it continue and from me at least a thank you to EJ and other Naturescape  members for continuing to provide what in my view is by far and away the best site of its kind.
Civilized and with minimum fanboy input, unlike almost all other forums I have ever visited. Just wish I was ever able to help EJ out one day ;)
Neil, I'm with you:
E.J. and Greg have created the best nature photography forum on the internet!
Not only that; E.J. goes the extra mile to answer everyone's questions even when he has to spend additional time to find accurate answers. AND E.J. has posted answers and helpful info 83,183 times!
Thanks E.J.
Dick Ludwig

by Hoppy on Mon May 13, 2019 4:40 am
Hoppy
Forum Contributor
I do not post often and certainly not in recent years.  Naturescapes is one of the few that I visit reasonably often just to read noteworthy topics, gather information and generally stay informed about photographic topics..  

There seems to be some history between Tim and SantaFeJoe, however, I feel that like all remote discussion forums it is easy to misinterpret true meaning.  SantaFeJoe's opening comments when posting the email is uncalled for, seems out of character.  No everyone is tech savvy and despite what may work on one system may not work on another, different computers, operating systems and versions, different web browsers etc etc.

On E.J's contributions.  Over the years I have not always agreed with his comments, however, it is a rare topic indeed that he does not endeavour to provide an answer for.  He cannot possibly have all that knowledge stored so must research prior to providing an opinion.  How important is it to a forum to have an intelligent,  knowledgable contributor to spend their time researching an answer to your concern.  It benefits us all.

@Tim  Forums are forums and this one seems better than most.  Some people like to be sarcastic, some are misinterpreted, most try to help.  If you want to leave then leave, however I would suggest that your photographic knowledge would be poorer for it, mine would be.
A SLR always has the wrong lens attached

http://www.romarimages.com
[url]http://500px.com/ROMARimages[/url]

by SantaFeJoe on Mon May 13, 2019 12:33 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Hoppy wrote: There seems to be some history between Tim and SantaFeJoe, however, I feel that like all remote discussion forums it is easy to misinterpret true meaning.  SantaFeJoe's opening comments when posting the email is uncalled for, seems out of character.  No everyone is tech savvy and despite what may work on one system may not work on another, different computers, operating systems and versions, different web browsers etc etc.
To the NSN community:
I apologize for my attitude in posting my reply above in this thread. It was uncalled for and I take full responsibility with no excuses. Again, I am sorry and acknowledge that this is the best nature forum out there and a great source of advice and information. I realize that I upset the apple cart of civility and will think before posting a rude response again.

Joe

by Greg Downing on Fri May 17, 2019 10:58 am
Greg Downing
Publisher
Member #:00001
For copying and pasting text into the forums there are ways to prevent the tags. We have discussed it before. Either paste in the code view or strip the code using a text editor before pasting. (ie past from word or wherever into a basic text editor, switch to plain text and then copy it). If we could have fixed this issue long ago we would have.... Or do you think we just left it there to tick you off Tim? There are limitations sometimes in forums and these are things we have to live with as imperfections in life - we are all adults here and in the grand scheme of life it's not such a big deal.

We have done a LOT (and spent a lot) to make this site more user friendly than the average off the shelf forum - all so it's free for you and others, Tim. So for you to complain about one annoyance to the point you're leaving the site is a slap in the face. No one has ANY idea how much work and money is spent on this site to maintain it, create it etc. It's more than I can even express. All so it is free for anyone who wants to visit. It's a labor of love so cut us some slack and accept the imperfections in life (and on forums).

Thanks all for the NICE comments :D
Greg Downing
Publisher, NatureScapes.Net
[url=http://www.gdphotography.com/]Visit my website for images, workshops and newsletters![/url]

17 posts |