Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 21 posts | 
by EGrav on Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:13 pm
EGrav
Forum Contributor
Topaz Labs just released Topaz Denoise AI which is replacing AI Clear. It works as stand alone or as plugin. Also, does not need Topaz Studio. Owners of AI Clear get it for free. Just download, install and log in.

https://topazlabs.com/denoise-ai

by Jeff Pearl on Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:24 pm
Jeff Pearl
Forum Contributor
Member #:02142
I don't think it replaces AI Clear. Like you mention, Denoise AI is a stand alone like AI Sharpen and AI Gigapixel.

by EGrav on Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:11 pm
EGrav
Forum Contributor
from Northlight Images:
“ Denoise AI
The DeNoise AI software replaces several earlier Topaz noise reduction software packages.
All existing users of both Topaz DeNoise and AI Clear will receive DeNoise AI for free.
Remove Noise pro adjustment owners can upgrade to DeNoise AI for an additional $20 off
Customers will no longer be able to purchase Topaz DeNoise, AI Clear, or Remove Noise.”

On the Topaz website, clicking Ai Clear on the Topaz Studio page takes you to DeNoise Ai.

by DavidSutton on Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:51 pm
DavidSutton
Forum Contributor
Topaz says Denoise AI is a replacement, but after using it I don't agree.
It works, but for most images is not worth the longer processing time IMO. Plus I don't really see much of an improvement compared to say, AI Clear.
And it doesn't return the results back to a layer in Photoshop. Unless I have the settings wrong.
Plus, on the files I tried it lifts the white point on small highlights to clipping, meaning I'd need to add a luminance mask to take that out.
I'll save it for using on extreme cases. Should be fine for that. I like the detail improvement from AI Clear, the speed on my computer and the ease of use as a PS plug in.
David
David Sutton

by EGrav on Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:08 pm
EGrav
Forum Contributor
I agree. I am hoping that as this is version 1.0, it will improve. AI Clear improved greatly after it was first introduced. I have to say it is MUCH faster than Sharpen AI.

Last edited by EGrav on Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Scott B on Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:05 pm
Scott B
Forum Contributor
I just tried it tonight they have done an update seems to be faster, I like it better than AI clear.

by photokirk on Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:51 am
photokirk
Forum Contributor
Topaz DeNoise AI does a good job of removing noise without removing many details from the image.
I tested the trial version. No more Ai Clear and the old DeNoise software
You can view the Before and After images with the review here: Topaz Denoise AI Review

by Jeff Pearl on Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:33 pm
Jeff Pearl
Forum Contributor
Member #:02142
They said we can continue to use AI Clear as long as it remains in Topaz Studio, but weren't sure how long it will be supported. I 've tried Denoise AI on a variety of photos, and I don't see where it's that much better then AI clear, plus it's kind of slow. I hope they keep and support both.  The recent DeNoise update seemed to default to saves file as a dng, then I had to open it in Photoshop. not sure. time will tell.

by Scott B on Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:14 pm
Scott B
Forum Contributor
Using Denoise AI a little more I have noticed a few things. It does bump the whites slightly. Some real fine dark detail like the lines in the feathers of a loons head seem to get compromised. In general dark detail suffers more than mid or light.

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:29 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Hmm, I own AI Clear and the entire Topaz Studio suite yet I am not getting DeNoise AI for free...

by EGrav on Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:42 am
EGrav
Forum Contributor
Download the trial, open it and it should ask you to log in to your Topaz account. Then you will be "authorized."
That's how I got it - no email was sent to me, either.

Last edited by EGrav on Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

by Scott B on Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:11 pm
Scott B
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:Hmm, I own AI Clear and the entire Topaz Studio suite yet I am not getting DeNoise AI for free...
EJ this is the content of the email Topaz sent out the only modification I made was to remove my email where it refers to it.

[font=Helvetica]We just released [/font][font=Helvetica]DeNoise AI[/font][font=Helvetica], our next-generation AI noise removal software. [/font]You get it for free[font=Helvetica] because you already own AI Clear or Topaz DeNoise. Here's how to claim it:[/font]
[ol]
[li]Download DeNoise AI for Windows or Mac[/li]

[li]Install it and run DeNoise AI for the first time[/li]

[li]When prompted, use your email address as your login: [/li]

[li]DeNoise AI will now be activated and ready to use![/li]

[/ol]
[font=Helvetica]Very important:[/font][font=Helvetica] log in using the specific email address [/font][font=Helvetica] to claim your copy of DeNoise AI. If you forgot your password for that account, you can [/font]reset it here[font=Helvetica]. [/font]

[font=Helvetica]We're really excited about DeNoise AI – in our tests it's created far better results than both AI Clear and the old DeNoise plugin. Thanks so much for supporting us, and we can't wait to see what you create![/font]

- The Topaz team

by Bill Chambers on Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:35 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:Hmm, I own AI Clear and the entire Topaz Studio suite yet I am not getting DeNoise AI for free...
I was wondering about that too.  I didn't see anything that allowed me to receive it for free either.
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:50 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
I am very familiar with Topaz processes for logging into and authorizing software and have done it many times, but when I do that it wants me to pay.  The message that comes up is that I do not own DeNoise which I don't so it will cost $60  - no mention of AI Clear which I do own.

by EGrav on Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:42 am
EGrav
Forum Contributor
I do not own DeNoise either, but I do own AI Clear. I downloaded the DeNoise AI trial and logged in. Not sure why it is not working for you.

by signgrap on Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:24 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
I do not own DeNoise but do own AI Clear and received the email for a free copy of DeNoise AI.

I would send them an email saying I currently own AI Clear but I did not get an email offering a free copy of DeNoise AI.
I tried downloading DeNoise AI and logged in to my Topaz account but it still wants me to pay $60 as for some reason it's not recognizing that I'm a AI Clear owner.
Dick Ludwig

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:59 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
It may be because I am not currently in the USA and it is detecting my location.  Before I start sending emails, I'm going to wait until I get home.  But I did not receive an email from Topaz either.  They do have an alternate way of authenticating it from the trial version according to support but that seems to do nothing.  I'll try to get it resolved when i am back in the USA.

by Bill Chambers on Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:20 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
EGrav wrote:I do not own DeNoise either, but I do own AI Clear. I downloaded the DeNoise AI trial and logged in. Not sure why it is not working for you.
I own Clear AI but received no email from Topaz (At least that I saw.  They send so much darn advertising I may have deleted it without fully opening it).  I will email them and ask about it.  Will report what I find out.
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by EGrav on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:18 am
EGrav
Forum Contributor
DeNoise AI version 1.03 released. More bugs squashed and definite speed increase.

Last edited by EGrav on Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:45 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
I did send Topaz a note last night and they did correct the problem which was on their end in their registration database. It's all working now!

21 posts |