Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by TomWalker on Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:06 am
TomWalker
Forum Contributor
I bought the Nik software to use on my new computer. The text and icons are tiny, very tiny, making it hard to use. I contacted DxO and got this response:

[table][tr][td]
[font="Lucida Sans Unicode", "Lucida Grande", Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif]Greetings,

Thank you for your interest in the Nik Collection 2018 by DxO.

We are aware of the font issue on 4K monitors, this was an issue that arose with the previous version of the Nik Collection. Our developers are aware that this is an important fix for our customers, and are working on the compatibility with 4K monitors. We do not know when this will be completed, but please know that this is an issue we are aware of.[/font]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Hardly any help. With no solution in the offing. 

I used the free version for years with no problems. This is change for the worse.

Any thoughts?

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:46 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
This fits best in the Digital Topics forum but I'll answer it here and then move it later. Also, cutting and pasting leaves HTML tags behind making it difficult to read - just FYI for the future.

The DXO Nik suite has not yet been upgraded to auto scale for high resolution monitors. The same thing happens for other apps that are pre 4K and were never updated. A very common one is the last release of Photoshop that was not subscription based, CS6. There is a workaround for that but none that I am aware of for Nik. The old version, the Google version, does the same thing so I am surprised that you didn't have the same problem prior to this if you were using the same monitor...

by photoman4343 on Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:17 pm
photoman4343
Forum Contributor
Tom, I have had the same issue with other software on my new Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme high res screen laptop.

This link at NSN under digital-Nikon software--shows how I overcame the small font/ text matter on my ThinkPad with win 10 Pro. When I followed the directions (very carefully) I was able to get the problems fixed.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=282562

I hope it resolves the matter for you; and maybe me as I was planning on getting some NIK software when I update my desktop. Let us know if it fixes things for you.

Joe
Joe Smith

by TomWalker on Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:58 am
TomWalker
Forum Contributor
Thank you all. (It is a new computer A Dell xps15 as recommended by Mr. Peiker.) The work around suggested does not work, nor do others. Thanks anyway.

4 posts |