« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by SantaFeJoe on Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:23 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
https://www.dpreview.com/news/6935291812/nikon-updates-capture-nx0d-viewnx-i-and-picture-control-utility-to-address-various-bugs

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by photoman4343 on Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:54 pm
photoman4343
Forum Contributor
I just purchased a Lenovo ThinkPad x1 Extreme 15 inch laptop with a high resolution screen. So far all of my software seems to work properly and correctly scaled. However, ViewNX-i (ver 1.3.2 64 bit) display is spread out to the point that it is almost impossible to read the text, menus, etc and the thumbnail images are pretty small too. There is no problem with Capture-NXD (ver 1.5.2) where the display is brilliant and properly scaled. Is there anyone experiencing this problem? Changing the screen resolution in win 10 Pro does not seem to affect the size of the text or images in View NX-i.

Laptop screen specs are: 15.6” 4K UHD HDR (3840 x 2160) Touchscreen

The Nikon software was downloaded in a combo package--View and NX-D

Solutions? Thank you.

Just so others know, the new and latest version of View NXi still has a bug that is driving me crazy. If you have two windows pcs, one on win 10 and one on win 7, (like I have) some of the features of the same version of View NX-i may perform differently. Assume you have applied Star ratings in win 10. Then transferred the images to the win 7 machine, in my case a desktop, and do a sort on stars, not all of the stars you applied may be recognized during the sort. I have reported this to Nikon a few times and they say that they test new software against current op systems.

Joe
Joe Smith

by photoman4343 on Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:34 am
photoman4343
Forum Contributor
Here is an update. I tried changing the resolution and font size in Win 10 under Settings Display and Settings Ease of Access. The only thing that did was to make the text in the top task bar bigger. The text in the software did not change size. The higher resolution problem is affecting both programs--View NX-i as well as NX-D. It is just worse in View NX-i.

I do not think it has anything to do with win 10 as my old laptop used that and I had no text viewing issues.

Joe
Joe Smith

by photoman4343 on Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:25 am
photoman4343
Forum Contributor
On another site, a responder replied with a SOLUTION that appears to have resolved the resolution/font size issue. Here is what he wrote. I followed the directions and things now appear to be fixed so I can read the text in Nikon View NX-i and NX-D.

Others here can describe what these changes really did and whether they apply to other software issues on high res laptop screens:

Nikon View NX-i and Nikon NX- D screen resolution and text viewing issues.

"You could try this though in windows 10:
- Right click on the shortcut you use to open View-NXi
- Select the "Properties" tab ( last tab in the menu)
- Choose the "Compatability" tab (rightmost in the top of the menu)
- at the bottom there is a button for "Change High DPI Scaling override"or similar, choose this
- On the next menu at the bottom there is a chck box for "overide High DPI adjustment, check this box, this enables the scroll box beneath it
- In the scroll box select the "System" choice (the middle one, not the system extended or application, these screw up things a bit more..)
then "OK", then “Apply" and restart Nikon VIEW-NXi.

On some High DPI systems View-NXi confuses Windows in choosing the High DPI settings, the above should resolve this..."

Joe
Joe Smith

4 posts |