« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Mark Picard on Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:50 pm
Mark Picard
Forum Contributor
After using Photoshop ACR to clean up files (including Lens Correction, automatic or manual) then sending to Photoshop CC my next step is to open Topaz Studio and use the Adjustment Ai Clear. I then save the file to an edited Tif. After opening that file I see a huge increase in Chromatic Aberration, not visible while in Ai Clear. Has anyone else seen this, or am I doing something wrong? What other workflow might I try? I tried to find a GOOD tutorial on Ai Clear, but didn't find any really basic but good info on CA. Any suggestions on workflow and tutorials would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark

P.S. I usually have to send the Tiff file back into Adobe Camera Raw and re-do the Chromatic Aberration slider again. 
Mark Picard
Maine Photography Workshops

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:01 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Hmm, that is weird, I have not seen that on my stuff. You probably need to contact the folks at Topaz to see if this is a known issue - they have been pretty good at working with me on issues in the past although sometimes it takes a couple of days before they get back to you after an initial problem report. If it truly isn't there before but is after it isn't really CA, it is some sort of software induced artifact. I'm more inclined to think that it is there beforehand but at a much lower level and the software is determining that it's a detail that needs to be enhanced.

by Ed Cordes on Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:37 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
I haven't noticed this either. I have the remove chromatic aberration in Lightroom checked as a default on all my processing. I then process in PS using AiClear first in my flow as I use it as my "capture sharpening". Therefore I also have any sharpening in LR turned off all the time. I wonder if the LR sharpening is causing an issue?
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

3 posts |