Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Craig Lipski on Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:43 pm
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
Location: The bustling metropolis of Fowlerville, Michigan, and the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley
Member #:00495
My normal procedure to import photos is to stick my card in a card reader, plug it into the computer, open it, and copy the day's files to a folder I create for the day, then cull, sort, etc.  Today, when I look at the card (on the pc,) the dates aren't showing up.  I'm viewing as "small icons," (as I've always done,) I dropped down the "view" menu and checked "date", (something I've never had to do before,) and even then they're not showing up.  If I hover over a file name (number), the date shows up, but that's a P.I.T.A, and I've never had to do it before.  Any idea what's going on here?

Thanks in advance,

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:08 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Need more information here. Where is the date not showing up? In Bridge or in Windows Explorer. If it's the latter just select View and select Details and you will get a file listing with the date. If that's not showing up just right click along the top bar of the Explorer window that has the column names and right click, select more and then place whatever columns you want on the explorer page. If you are talking in Bridge then I'm not sure what you are referring to. perhaps a screen shot with an indication of where you sued to see the date and do not now...

by Craig Lipski on Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:23 pm
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
Location: The bustling metropolis of Fowlerville, Michigan, and the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley
Member #:00495
Yea, um, thank you; brain fart. I don't know how it, (Windows Explorer) stopped showing the date; maybe it reset with the latest Widows update or something, but the problem was obviously there, not in Bridge. Thanks again.

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:50 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Yeah that can reset with Windows updates or the way various programs interact with Explorer. On paper it's supposed to save your last setting for Windows Explorer for every single folder you have ever accessed but in practice, there are many variables that affect which view Explorer comes up in.

4 posts |