« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Bill Chambers on Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:26 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
I am having a strange issue in C1 12 Pro, and one that just started.  I click on the + in the Mask section to begin masking on an image, click B for brush and begin masking, but when I want to adjust my brush C1 won't allow me to by right-clicking.  This just started yesterday.  Before then I had no problem right clicking to adjust hardness, etc.  

I'm wondering if I unknowingly changed a setting somewhere that has caused this but if I did, I don't know what it was or where it was.  I tried C1's online Help but it didn't help.

As anyone else had this issue?  Anyone know how to solve it?  I know I can go through the Layer menu to adjust some things but that's a pain and much slower.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Bill
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:15 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I have run into this and the cause is always running out of memory, it is the first thing that fails when C1 runs out.  Exiting the application and restarting always solves it for me.  Imaging applications, all of them, never give back all the memory they used, Photoshop is really bad for this so if you have PS open simultaneously and have been working on a lot of images, it is eating up more and more of your available RAM even when there are no images open but PS is open.  Eventually it uses so much RAM that there isn't enough left for other applications to work right.  I haven't quantified it but I believe C1 also slowly uses up RAM.  Another one that is really bad at not freeing up RAM that it used is Helicon Focus.  So basically these programs use memory, when they need more they take it but when they don't, they don't give it back and eventually weird things start happening. The first warning of this in C1P is that a right click during masking no longer brings up the brush adjustment panel or if it does, it only opens for a second and then closes back down.

by Bill Chambers on Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:40 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Thanks E.J. I tried what you suggested and it worked perfectly. I can always count on your encyclopedic knowledge!
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

3 posts |