All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
by Bob Ettinger on Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:06 pm
Bob Ettinger
Regional Moderator
Member #:00148
I have old Ektachrome and Kodachrome slides that both have significant color shift. I seem to remember years ago there were two software programs to correct some of this. One worked on the color shift while the other worked on the scratches, dust etc. But I don't remember the names or where I saw them. Any help would be appreciated. Also if there are any current products, please let me know.

Thanks

Bob
Bob Ettinger

by Jeff Pearl on Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:01 pm
Jeff Pearl
Forum Contributor
Member #:02142
Vuescan was mentioned a lot in old post. if you enter " restore slides" in the search box, the thread should come up with a variety of suggestions by others.
 Dig my Pics uses Nikon 9000 scanner. http://digmypics.com/SlideScanning.aspx

Last edited by Jeff Pearl on Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Steve Cirone on Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:51 pm
Steve Cirone
Lifetime Member
Member #:00583
Features of the Nikon Coolscan 5000:
[ul]
[li]Enhanced Color Management System for higher precision, in compliance with ICC (International Color Consortium) version 4 standards.[/li]
[li]Digital ICE4 Advanced automatic correction function 1. Digital ICE (Image Correction & Enhancement) removes dust, scratches and fingerprints from scanned images[/li]
[li]2. Digital ROC (Reconstruction Of Color) recreates and restores faded color values for vivid, faithfully rendered images[/li]
[li]3. Digital GEM (Grain Equalization & Management) equalizes image grain for sharp, clear images with no clumping or graininess[/li]
[li]4. Digital DEE (Dynamic Exposure Extender) helps reveal details lost in shadows and highlights[/li]
[li]New Scan Image Enhancer for one-touch image correction[/li]
[li]Optional SLIDE FEEDER SF-210 for up to 50 mounted slides[/li]
[/ul]

DAILY IMAGE GALLERY:  https://www.facebook.com/steve.cirone.1

IMAGE GALLERY ARCHIVES WITH EXIF: https://www.flickr.com/photos/stevecirone/

Last edited by Steve Cirone on Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Jeff Colburn on Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:54 pm
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
Hi,

SilverFast came with my scanner and works pretty well to remove dust and scratches https://www.silverfast.com/highlights/srdx/en.html

There's also Digital Ice for scratches https://www.epson.eu/en/viewcon/corporatesite/cms/index/37

Most photo manipulation software can correct color shift.

Have Fun,
Jeff
Fine Art Prints and Stock Photography of Arizona www.JeffColburn.com See my ebooks in the NatureScapes Store.

by Bob Ettinger on Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:32 pm
Bob Ettinger
Regional Moderator
Thanks for all the responses. I am using a Nikon Coolscan 4000 at the moment. I was just looking for a software solution and not looking for a service or another scanner.

Thanks again

Bob
Bob Ettinger

by signgrap on Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:07 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
Bob Ettinger wrote:Thanks for all the responses. I am using a Nikon Coolscan 4000 at the moment. I was just looking for a software solution and not looking for a service or another scanner.

Thanks again

Bob
Bob I have the Coolscan 5000 and use the Nikon Scan 4.0.3 software (modified to run on Win 10) works for models 4000/5000. There is a color correction for faded color in slides/negatives that works very well. I can post full instructions about modifying if you're interested in doing this. This is a no cost solution. 
Dick Ludwig

by Bob Ettinger on Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:50 pm
Bob Ettinger
Regional Moderator
signgrap wrote:
Bob Ettinger wrote:Thanks for all the responses. I am using a Nikon Coolscan 4000 at the moment. I was just looking for a software solution and not looking for a service or another scanner.

Thanks again

Bob
Bob I have the Coolscan 5000 and use the Nikon Scan 4.0.3 software (modified to run on Win 10) works for models 4000/5000. There is a color correction for faded color in slides/negatives that works very well. I can post full instructions about modifying if you're interested in doing this. This is a no cost solution. 

Dick,

That might be a perfect solution. If you want to just email rather than posting it is fine or just PM me. I already downloaded the 4.0.3 software

Thanks

Bob
Bob Ettinger

by Bob Ettinger on Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:31 pm
Bob Ettinger
Regional Moderator
Bob Ettinger wrote:
signgrap wrote:

Thanks again

Bob

Dick,

That might be a perfect solution. If you want to just email rather than posting it is fine or just PM me. I already downloaded the 4.0.3 software

Thanks

Bob
Dick,

Thank you. That information worked perfectly after a little trial and error.

Appreciate the help

Bob
Bob Ettinger

by Larry Shuman on Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:01 pm
Larry Shuman
Forum Contributor
I scanned all my slides and a few of them had color shifted. When I opened one up in CS6 and the auto color corrected the slide correctly.

by Bob Ettinger on Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:52 am
Bob Ettinger
Regional Moderator
Larry Shuman wrote:I scanned all my slides and a few of them had color shifted. When I opened one up in CS6 and the auto color corrected the slide correctly.

Larry,

Thanks will have to try that

Bob
Bob Ettinger

10 posts |