Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 11 posts | 
by Scott B on Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:57 pm
Scott B
Forum Contributor
It will be interesting to hear the real world feedback on this one.  it appears to be pretty promising.  I watched a demo that had a reasonably diverse set of images and it performed pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... iKY7oJwM5U

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:29 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
It's actually Topaz AI Gigapixel or just AI Gigapixel as it's being called by the userbase.  We have discussed it a little bit in the other thread on Image Enlargement Software.  It is phenomenal and much better than anything we have ever seen before - makes Genuine Fractals look like something from 1995 (which it essentially is ;) ).  It uses techniques that simply could not have been done a few years ago due to the computational requirements.

by Jeff Colburn on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:27 am
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
Wow, it looks like amazing software. I'm looking forward to using it so I can offer bigger prints of my photos.

But it will also let people take my, and others, small and low res images from the Internet and do whatever they want with them.

Every day it gets harder and harder to make a living as a photographer.

Have Fun,
Jeff
Fine Art Prints and Stock Photography of Arizona www.JeffColburn.com See my ebooks in the NatureScapes Store.

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:46 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
There was a webinar yesterday by Topaz which really showed the power of the software. it should be up on YouTube on the Topaz channel in a few days. It was around 50 minutes long and went through a number of examples.

by Scott B on Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:17 pm
Scott B
Forum Contributor
The webinar E.J. referenced is the same one I watched. I was amazed at how well it did and how simple it is for basic operations. I highly suggest you watch it.

by scubastu on Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:56 am
scubastu
Forum Contributor
I just tried it, got 15% off using Doorhoff15 coupon code. It's amazing!
Stewart L. Sy

SLS Photography, When Your Underwater Images Matter...
www.stewartsy.com

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:37 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
The webinar for A.I. Gigapixel is now up - check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAL2q_Lhlw8

by signgrap on Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:05 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
I just finished watching this video comparing "A.I. Gigapixel Resampling: A Pixel-Peeper's Perspective for Qimage Users"
I found it very interesting as I've been a long time Qimage Ultimate user. I use Qimage for all my printing and I always rely on the upsizing/downsizing routines in Qimage not only for size changes from the original but also for the output sharpening which Qimage does automatically. Seeing the difference in finial output between the two; A.I. vs Qimage (math based) is very interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9& ... e=youtu.be
Dick Ludwig

by Robert on Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:11 pm
Robert
Forum Contributor
Just watched the video. :shock: I think I'm going to have to go lay down now as my mind is officially blown! 
I'd have to upgrade my graphics card to use it too...

by signgrap on Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:03 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
Robert wrote:Just watched the video. :shock: I think I'm going to have to go lay down now as my mind is officially blown! 
I'd have to upgrade my graphics card to use it too...
Yes that also got my attention!
One of the other attention getter's was the way that A.I. added stuff. Yes it was sharper but perhaps not as accurate depending on what the image was; granted this was on dramatically larger up-sizing. My experience with Qimage has left me very satisfied with the way it handles a 2x's increase which has been enough for the work that I do.

I think that the marketing videos Topaz has may gloss over some of the potential problem areas A.I. Gigapixel may encounter with particular image types e.g. line drawings and geometric shapes. As was said in the video a lot depends on what you perceive to be "a good end result".
Dick Ludwig

by Jeff Colburn on Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:40 pm
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
That video is impressive indeed. It's time for a free trial.

Have Fun,
Jeff
Fine Art Prints and Stock Photography of Arizona www.JeffColburn.com See my ebooks in the NatureScapes Store.

11 posts |