All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 1 post | 
by photoman4343 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:21 pm
photoman4343
Forum Contributor
Windows 7 Pro Recycle Bin. 

I am having a problem with the recycle bin on my desktop used just for photo editing. When I delete file folders, it takes a long time—maybe 50-10 minutes for the folder to be deleted. When I click on recycle bin to delete the folder, the same problem occurs—long time to delete. Usually it takes just seconds for the deletes to occur. 

The problem occurs with the internal hard drives in the desktop and external hard drives that get attached to the desktop. That same external hard drive, when attached to my laptop, does not exhibit the problem. That laptop is running has win 10. 

I have run hard drive diagnostics on all of the drives and have not discovered any issues. I have also defragged all of the drives. For the C drive (an SSD with operating programs only) I have run CHKDSK with no problems noted. 

I have gone to Microsoft Help for windows 7 and have not to found any useful hints beyond what I have already done. 

I tried to do a system restore in windows 7, but the program tells me that something is preventing it from occurring. I did do a system restore using C Cleaner but that did not fix anything. When I used C Cleaner to clean out the recycle bin the same “long time” problem occurred.  

I do have the CD that has the original Win 7 Pro with service pack 1 on it.  Can I just insert it and reload win 7 Pro?  

Any ideas will be appreciated. 
Joe Smith

1 post |