All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by E.J. Peiker on Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:20 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Coming to a camera near you in the future are the new card types called CFexpress which is the next generation of the XQD form factor and SD Express, the next generation of SD.  Both promise dramatic increases in speed and potential capacity.  Most XQD cameras can be made compatible with CFexpress with a firmware update and SD express slots will be backward compatible with older type SD cards.  For those wanting to know a bit more about these, I stumbled upon this article from ProGrade that goes into a bit more depth on the new card standards:

https://progradedigital.com/2018/09/06/ ... cfexpress/

by Joerg Rockenberger on Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:52 pm
Joerg Rockenberger
Forum Contributor
I thought the most interesting aspect of the new fixed lens Zeiss camera is the use of a 512 GB SSD as memory. Is there really a need/advantage for more advanced removable memory cards? Joerg

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:25 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Joerg Rockenberger wrote:I thought the most interesting aspect of the new fixed lens Zeiss camera is the use of a 512 GB SSD as memory. Is there really a need/advantage for more advanced removable memory cards? Joerg
The only downside I see is that if there is a problem with the embedded flash memory, the camera is done and needs to be sent to Zeiss to repair which, in my experience, living in the USA, is usually a 6 - 12 week turn around.

by SantaFeJoe on Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:29 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
The chart regarding backward compatability gets pretty convoluted, if you really study what it says!

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by SantaFeJoe on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:42 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Polish distributor says Lexar will no longer market XQD cards. Maybe just a rumor, but maybe he knows.

https://www.diyphotography.net/lexar-wi ... stributor/

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:47 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
CFexpress is where the future lies!

6 posts |