« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 47 posts | 
by Tim Zurowski on Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:22 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
DChan wrote:As long as CS6 is working, you don't need Affinity (especially you have DxO handling the raw file).

Then again, Affinity is cheap (the reason I bought it esp with discount back then) and so it doesn't cost much to keep it around.
I agree, but I am anticipating having issues with Adobe getting CS6 activated and running again. 

by Tim Zurowski on Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:32 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
I started looking into the "Agreement" with Adobe for the CC subscriptions and found a few issues that I am uncertain about. First, Section 11.1 in the Agreement says this:

"11.1 Termination by You. You may stop using the Services and Software at any time. Termination of your account does not relieve you of any obligation to pay any outstanding fees."

The terms also state that it is annual plan, and I found references to people that tried to cancel their plan, but were told they had to payout the balance of the annual fees. So it turns out that my plan's annual date is August 26th and doesn't expire now until August 26, 2019. So the way I see it, if I cancel my plan now, I will owe them for a full year of subscription fees, which at $15 a month here in Canada , is $180! I guess it pays to read the fine print, but I was under the assumption that we could cancel our account at any time and not have to pay outstanding fees. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Second, last night I installed CS6 which had previously been completely removed from my system. The install went just as expected without any issues, but one. When I opened the program to activate it, it was already automatically activated and tied into my CC Subscription account. So it sounds like you were correct and we need to completely remove our systems of Adobe products before we install CS6.  I am now reluctant to proceed with the change in lieu of my likely having to pay Adobe $180 to get out.

Man, I so now wish I had never entered into this Adobe subscription agreement and had just gone the DXO and CS6 route from the start.

by Tim Zurowski on Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:39 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
Forget my question above, as I found this:

Annual subscription (paid monthly)
If you cancel within 14 days of your order, you will receive a full refund.

If you cancel after 14 days, your service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period, and you’ll be charged an early termination fee of 50% of your remaining contract obligation. For example, if you have 5 months of your contract left when you cancel and you pay $20/month, you’d pay 50% of the $100 remaining balance = $50 early termination fee.

Annual subscription (prepaid)
If you cancel within 14 days of your order, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel after 14 days, your payment is non-refundable and your service will continue until the end of your contracted term.

Month-to-month subscription
If you cancel within 14 days of your order, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel after 14 days, your payment is non-refundable and your service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period.

NOTE:
The refund only applies for 14 days after the original purchase, not for subsequent renewals.
Understand Creative Cloud subscription terms and how they impact refunds.

Guess I am on the hook for another year :(

by WJaekel on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:45 pm
WJaekel
Forum Contributor
Tim, since you installed CS6 with CC still active, I think it's now hooked to their Application manager. So, as long as you're in the subscription, it will work of course, as your CC does, too. The key point will be the situation after the termination. According to the article I linked in my first post, the activation is changed by the CC management. That means you cannot simply open CS6 after the subscription has ended because it is tied to your CC account after the new installation now. Therefore you could in fact face the situation that you have to remove all Adobe stuff after the termination and reinstall CS6 again (or call Adobe and give them remote access :wink: ). That's why I personally would have waited with the reinstallation of CS6 until the subscription is terminated, at least, to try if CS6 won't be hooked to CC anymore by then and thus the orginal licence number still works. Anyway, I guess you will in fact have another year to decide which route you will go....
Best regards

Wolfgang

by Tim Zurowski on Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:04 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
Well, I just got off the Chat Line with Adobe support and they have waved the cancellation fee for me to cancel my subscription. I must say, they were very nice, cooperative and friendly to deal with. So as of September 25, 2018 I will no longer have any Adobe subscription plan and should hopefully be able to completely remove all Adobe files and reinstall CS6. They also said if I have any trouble with the reinstall and activation of CS6, to get back to them and they will help me make it happen. Hopefully CS6 will work on my Win7x64 machine for sometime, which will give me the time to better learn Affinity Photo and be ready when CS6 no longer works. :)

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:05 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Tim, make sure you go to the website and get the Adobe Creative Cloud cleaner tool and follow the instructions exactly. If you don't do that, just a normal uninstall will leave behind files and hooks into your CC subscription that can interfere with your CS6.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/ ... blems.html

by Tim Zurowski on Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:20 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
Thanks EJ . . . . will do :)

47 posts |