Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by WJaekel on Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:59 pm
WJaekel
Forum Contributor
I have been using LR 6.10 (stand alone) for identifying the locations of my geotagged photos because my favourite RAW-converter Capture One doesn't offer this functionality to date. Up to yesterday the map module in LR always has worked flawlessly as it did in the previous versions 4 and 5.

BUT: Today I experienced the persisting problem with the map module becoming non-functional: If I click on a tagged photo (or generally open the map module)  I get the message : "Oops! Something went wrong. The page didn’t load Google Maps correctly. See the Javascript console for technical details". Closing and re-starting LR or rebooting the PC doesn't help. I also tried another catalogue and updated to the last stand alone version 6.14 with no success. If I open LR the map sometimes flashes for a fraction of a second but then the message above is displayed permanently .

I also tried  to open the map module from an older catalogue in LR 4 or 5 but the map is grayed out ( " map is off") and a message appears that the map module in v 4+5 is not supported anymore (which is annoying, btw).

There's just one thought that may (or may be not) related to the problem : By yesterday, I had also opened Google Earth pro in order to get a better 3D view of some locations and compare it to the captures.  But I didn't experience a problem with both the map module in LR 6.10 and Google Earth opened and switching between them. However, it was the first time for long that I had used Google Earth. So maybe something has been screwed up  or Google/Adobe has done anything in the background. You never know in today's data world ;-) But any relation to the problem is just speculation. I haven't changed any settings in Google Earth pro which still works as before, btw.  But I don't know if I should  try to deinstall Google Earth in the first instance ?

Anyway, I have no idea where I can find the "Javacsript console" the error message refers to and even if I would, I don't know how to deal with it because I don't know anything of Javascript programming either.  As to my system: OS is Windows7 ultimate, Browser on this machine  still is IE 11 (with javascript  activated, of course).

Any help or suggestion how to fix that is very much appreciated
Thank you in advance

Wolfgang

by jrhoffman75 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:34 pm
jrhoffman75
Forum Contributor
[font=arial,sans-serif]How do I open JavaScript console?[/font]
[font=arial,sans-serif]To open the dedicated Console panel, either:
[/font]
[ol]
[li]Press Ctrl + Shift + J (Windows / Linux) or Cmd + Opt + J (Mac).[/li]
[li]If DevTools is already open, press the Console button.[/li]
[/ol]

by WJaekel on Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:50 pm
WJaekel
Forum Contributor
jrhoffman75 wrote:[font=arial,sans-serif]How do I open JavaScript console?[/font]
[font=arial,sans-serif]To open the dedicated Console panel, either:
[/font]

[ol]
[li]Press Ctrl + Shift + J (Windows / Linux) or Cmd + Opt + J (Mac).[/li]
[li]If DevTools is already open, press the Console button.[/li]
[/ol]
Thank you very much for your reply. I can open the browser controle box with that key combination on my laptop running Firefox  but didn't succeed in accessing the Javascript console directly from LR or IE 11 on my Desktop PC which had the problem described in my post above.
Nevertheless, when I started LR today, the map module worked as before. I really don't know what has been the cause of the problem. I'm sure it was no user error here, since I had tried it several times, also shutting down and restarting the PC and LR.
Anyway, I'm glad everything seems to work fine again for now.

Wolfgang

3 posts |