« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 2 posts | 
by Bill Chambers on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:25 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Fellow Capture One users, I have a friend who recently purchased Capture One Pro v.11 and he has a question i don't know the answer to.  He wants to know how he can delete a catalog?  He said he has looked in the User Guide and has Googled it with no joy.  Can anyone help?  Many thanks.
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:34 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
You can likely do it within C1P somehow but since I'm a Sessions user not a Catalog user I can't test it out without messing up my own set-up.  So the brute force and and probably the easiest way is to just navigate to the catalog file in Windows Explorer or Mac Finder and delete it - in most cases it will be somewhere under the my Pictures, or Pictures entry.  But if he used C1P to import the photos and selected the storage location to be inside the catalog, that would delete the images themselves.  If that's the case, he should copy all of the images inside the catalog to another folder so that they aren't lost.  If he chose to DL the images using the File Location option then there shouldn't be any original image files in the ctalog folder.

2 posts |