« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
by neverspook on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:28 pm
neverspook
Forum Contributor
I have just upgraded to PS CC 2018 and am finding something very irritating. Whenever I made a selection with the magic wand or lasso tool or quick selection tool, the marching ants not only march but also flash on and off which I just hate hate hate.

This does not happen when I use the rectangular marquee tool but does happen with the elliptical marquee tool.

Under preferences/performance, it says Graphics Processor is detected but Use Graphics Processor is grayed out and cannot be selected so I am unable to try and see if that solves the problem.

I am using a PC with Wn7 64 bit.

Any suggestions to resolve this much appreciated.

Roberta Olenick
www.neverspook.com

by Peter Ireland on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:46 am
Peter Ireland
Forum Contributor
Member #:01589
On windows it is CTRL H to get rid of the ants, this still leaves the area selected. The same command to bring back the ants, and CTRL D to deselect.

by neverspook on Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:23 pm
neverspook
Forum Contributor
Peter Ireland wrote:On windows it is CTRL H to get rid of the ants, this still leaves the area selected. The same command to bring back the ants, and CTRL D to deselect.

Thanks but I don't want to hide the ants. I want to be able to see them and what I have selected. I want them to march but I do NOT want them also to flash.

Roberta

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:16 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Roberta, before doing anything else, make sure your graphics card driver is up to date then go back through and try the things you have already tried. If that doesn't fix it, reset your Photoshop preferences but make sure you save your workspace configuration first. Those items should fix it.

by neverspook on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:52 pm
neverspook
Forum Contributor
Thanks, EJ.

by Kim on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:34 pm
Kim
Forum Contributor
Roberta in the new version of Photoshop you can reset the tools individually or all the tools. This may help as the feature is designed to deal with quirky tool problems that pop up time to time.

When you have the tool selected just click on the arrow, the tool preset picker, and from the box that opens click on 'reset tool' and see if that solves your problem.

by neverspook on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:08 am
neverspook
Forum Contributor
Kim wrote:Roberta in the new version of Photoshop you can reset the tools individually or all the tools. This may help as the feature is designed to deal with quirky tool problems that pop up time to time.

When you have the tool selected just click on the arrow, the tool preset picker, and from the box that opens click on 'reset tool' and see if that solves your problem.

Thanks, Kim. Worth a try. You can reset individual tools in CS6 as well.

7 posts |