Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 2 posts | 
by Mark Picard on Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:25 pm
Mark Picard
Forum Contributor
My trusty Impecca 15" digital frame finally died after 8 years of service running in the gallery (10 hours per day) and I would like to replace it with a smart HD TV that I can run a looping, all day long, slide show complete with audio. I'm running Windows Pro 7, and I have Pro Show Gold software to set up the program (suggestions if there's a better program to write the program to) . Do you have any suggestions as to what brand TV and specific model that would work for this application? I want a TV that is in the 18"-32" screen size, as I have a specific spot for it and I can't use anything larger. Would it end up as simple as inserting a portable flash drive that has the executable file on it, or can the file be downloaded directly to the TV? Either way is fine with me as long as it functions. Thanks for your help, and I'll let you know what I decided (and what actually worked!) later.  8)
Mark Picard
Maine Photography Workshops

by Mark Picard on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:49 am
Mark Picard
Forum Contributor
Mark Picard wrote:My trusty Impecca 15" digital frame finally died after 8 years of service running in the gallery (10 hours per day) and I would like to replace it with a smart HD TV that I can run a looping, all day long, slide show complete with audio. I'm running Windows Pro 7, and I have Pro Show Gold software to set up the program (suggestions if there's a better program to write the program to) . Do you have any suggestions as to what brand TV and specific model that would work for this application? I want a TV that is in the 18"-32" screen size, as I have a specific spot for it and I can't use anything larger. Would it end up as simple as inserting a portable flash drive that has the executable file on it, or can the file be downloaded directly to the TV? Either way is fine with me as long as it functions. Thanks for your help, and I'll let you know what I decided (and what actually worked!) later.  8)
Well I solved the problem by getting a nice 24" LG smart HD TV that has USB ports (and others), so all I did was create the program in ProShow Gold and write it to a flash drive that sits permanently in the port. Works great, and actually has a much better quality images and sound than the digital frames do. Happy camper!   :D
Mark Picard
Maine Photography Workshops

2 posts |