Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 21 posts | 
by DChan on Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:18 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
DxO PhotoLab is the current name of the program, world-wise I believe.

For most people, I think DxO would be better than Capture One in terms of processing files. Easier to use for one. I don't think Capture One has more features than DxO although I haven't really compare them in details like line by line for sure. In fact, I think DxO actually can do more and has more features for most people than Capture One does. DxO's Prime noise reduction is very good for example. Bottomline is all raw converter programs have all the necessary features when it comes to processing raw files. Some allow you to do more to your photographs after that while other don't. And I don't think anyone of them does every thing better than the others do. Some people say Capture One is superior to Adobe Camera Raw, Capture One is more powerful than the others. I'm not sure about that. Many photographs were processed with Adobe and they look fine. Lately, Capture One is promoting its style packs, essentially adding presets to the program I believe. It seems to me it's just their way of making it more than just a raw converter, adding more automated processes to the program. If so, they're just trying to catch up IMO.

At the end of the day, download them, give them a try is a the best way to find out which program can give you the best fit.

21 posts |