« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Bill Chambers on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:50 am
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
I'm still using the free version but I have an issue when using Color Efex 4 and was wondering if anyone else has this issue.  When I add a filter to the mix, approx. 50-60% of the time it will discard those filters that were chosen before it.  Then I have to go back and add the previous filter(s) again and re-adjust them, which then will again sometimes delete the previous filter.  It becomes a vicious cycle. Sometimes it may take 3-4 cycles before all filters "stick".  I seldom use over 2 filters and many times I just hit OK and then choose Color Efex 4 again and choose the different filter but that seems ridiculous.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Any idea if downloading the new "priced" version might solve this issue?
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:18 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Have never seen that Bill, either with the old version or this new version.  I wonder if you are running out of memory or something.  I will say that I have been unable to crash this new version so far even with things that crashed the old version every time.

by Bill Chambers on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:09 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:Have never seen that Bill, either with the old version or this new version.  I wonder if you are running out of memory or something.  I will say that I have been unable to crash this new version so far even with things that crashed the old version every time.
Thanks E.J.  I don't think it's a memory issue as I have 48GB of RAM.  Perhaps it was a faulty download or something.  I guess i will pony up the $50 and see if that will solve the issue.  If not, I will contact NIK.
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:19 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
It's still easy to fill up the RAM if you have a bunch of programs running and/or a large image with several layers.  Also, Google Nik had some serious memory management issues...

One bug that was annoying that is fixed is that in Viveza, you can now have just a selection of an overall image for adjustment.  In the past this would either crash the program or give you an out of memory error even on a small image.  So there is definitely some fixes in memory management.  your problem could be similar.

4 posts |