by DChan on Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:52 am
DChan
Forum Contributor
NIK COLLECTION 2018 BY DxO

by DOglesby on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:21 am
DOglesby
Lifetime Member
Member #:01155

I couldn't see on their website or in the marketing email any information about what has/hasn't changed since the last version.  Does anyone know if there are any changes and what those changes are?  
Cheers,
Doug

by Craig Lipski on Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:04 pm
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
Location: The bustling metropolis of Fowlerville, Michigan, and the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley
Member #:00495
https://www.dpreview.com/news/431208588 ... djustments

by Kerry on Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:54 pm
Kerry
Forum Contributor
What I can't tell, based on anything I've read, is whether the new version of the Nik plugins work with PS CS6.

by adamsti on Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:58 pm
adamsti
Forum Contributor
My free version still works just fine with the latest CC, and it just fixes bugs, software is exactly the same. I'll keep my free version. Glad I saved the Google install file.
http://www.timadamsphotography.com

by DOglesby on Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:13 pm
DOglesby
Lifetime Member
Thanks Craig.  Will be nice to no longer have PS crash nearly every time it processes a file.  It's a shame, though, that it costs $49 for that (especially considering I paid the full freight price when it was owned by Nik).  Oh well.  It's a great filter set and really had no business being free anyway.
Cheers,
Doug

by photoman4343 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:58 pm
photoman4343
Forum Contributor
And the DP review article says that DXO PhotoLabs is now an independent company as it has separated from DXO in bankruptcy.

The nest was to get access to DXO Photolab 1.2 is to follow the link in the dp review article.
Joe Smith

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:17 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
It clearly says on the DXO website that it is compatible from CS5 onward!  Activations are good for up to 3 computers.

My big question is if it now works with Affinity Photo.  The old Google version did not in some of the Nik modules.

by photoman4343 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:23 pm
photoman4343
Forum Contributor
My pcs are running on Win 10. I have the monthly Adobe Photographer subscription. Can I download the new NIK plugins to Bridge CC 2018 and use them by right clicking on them? Or must I use them by downloading them to Photoshop CC 2018? I would prefer to use them in Adobe Camera Raw as I usually do not have to take images into PS. I am just beginning to use Bridge and ACR so I am not that experienced with the software packages. Any suggestions for me to improve my learning curve will be appreciated.
Joe Smith

by DOglesby on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:25 pm
DOglesby
Lifetime Member
E.J. Peiker wrote:It clearly says on the DXO website that it is compatible from CS5 onward!  Activations are good for up to 3 computers.

My big question is if it now works with Affinity Photo.  The old Google version did not in some of the Nik modules.
EJ, I can install the plugins into Affinity and call the software from the Filters menu but the plugin stalls and never fully loads.  It requires a Force Quit.  No clue if this is an issue for just my computer (an iMac on High Sierra) or a broader compatibility issue.
Cheers,
Doug

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:44 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
DOglesby wrote:
E.J. Peiker wrote:It clearly says on the DXO website that it is compatible from CS5 onward!  Activations are good for up to 3 computers.

EJ, I can install the plugins into Affinity and call the software from the Filters menu but the plugin stalls and never fully loads.  It requires a Force Quit.  No clue if this is an issue for just my computer (an iMac on High Sierra) or a broader compatibility issue.
Thanks for that!

Anybody using Windows that can give it a try?

by DChan on Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:40 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
From previous exchanges with E.J, I think I know what issue he was referring to. So, here's the answer for you, E.J. : your issue persists.

To the rest of the world: Nik, DxO version or not, works with Affinity Photo just fine.

My rig: Windows 10, I-7 6770K, 32g RAM, GTX 1770.

Last edited by DChan on Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:44 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Thanks DChan! :(

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:24 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Just got the update this AM upon returning from Lanai - as they say, EASY PEASY.

It took a minute to insure that I actually got the download installed because there is absolutely no difference on launch from within Photoshop but if you look in the top right hand corner of the screen there's a tiny icon that says Nik by DXO.

I was very happy to see that all of the presets I had created were still there in the same place.

by Ed Cordes on Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:29 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
Today I downloaded the DXO NIK suite (paid version). I must say I am a happy camper. I am using Win 10, PS CC, and LR Classic. Installation was seamless with the upgrade seamlessly integrating into the old version. I am impressed that after using it extensively all day not one crash!!! Previously I had a crash each time I opened an app. I often apply effects using the "brush" mode. In the past each time I lifted my pen or released the mouse button I had to acknowledge that I must apply the effect. This annoying feature is gone. Good riddance as far as I am concerned. So, over all I think the upgrade is well worth the $50.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

15 posts |