Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
by Craig Lipski on Sun May 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
Location: The bustling metropolis of Fowlerville, Michigan, and the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley
Member #:00495
So, I've got CC now.  Save for Web is hidden, but it's there - Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S.  It's tying my fingers in knots.  I use this for prepping images for here, Fbook, etc.  I tried to create an action, but once the Save for Web screen pops up, I can't stop recording the action - I'd have to assign a file name, a location, etc.  Ideally I'd like to take it to the "Optimize for file size" step, then stop the action.  Is this possible?  Even just getting it to the Save for Web screen / dialogue would be a help.  Another option I looked into, with no clear answer to my mind, would be somehow assigning it to a Function Key - is that a possibility?  Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance.

by Kim on Mon May 21, 2018 1:20 am
Kim
Forum Contributor
Go to Windows/Workspace/Shortcuts & menus. Click on file/ scroll to Save for web and use the menu buttons in the box to assign a new short cut to the save for web feature. You will new to sacrifice a short cut you never use as a Fkey on the windows system. There is a help dialogue at the bottom to guide you.

It is very difficult if non impossible to write a Save for web action as it is a legacy function in PS now. Just write a simple action to resize. convert to sRGB then hit your shotcut to get to the save for web bit and the specific file size.

by Craig Lipski on Mon May 21, 2018 6:34 am
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
Location: The bustling metropolis of Fowlerville, Michigan, and the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley
Thank you, Kim!

by Phil Shaw on Mon May 21, 2018 7:11 am
Phil Shaw
Forum Contributor
Member #:00106
If you record the action in an older version of Photoshop using Save for Web, it will run in the latest version, giving you Save for Web functionality.
Phil Shaw
Essex, UK
[color=#008000][url]http://www.naturephotopro.com[/url][/color]

by Craig Lipski on Mon May 21, 2018 8:06 am
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
Thanks, Phil.

by Mark Picard on Wed May 23, 2018 10:37 am
Mark Picard
Forum Contributor
Click on File/Export/Save for Web
Mark Picard
Maine Photography Workshops

by Craig Lipski on Wed May 23, 2018 6:14 pm
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
Thank you, Mark!

7 posts |