Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Craig Lipski on Mon May 14, 2018 12:54 pm
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
Location: The bustling metropolis of Fowlerville, Michigan, and the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley
Member #:00495
I live in the boonies, so I have to drive into town for WIFI good enough to download anything; I can usually get on sites like this from home.
I went into town today and downloaded the 7 day free trial of PS CC (My 5D IV is supposed to come today, and CS6 won't work for the RAW conversion.)
The download went fine, BUT:
1) At / toward the end of the 7 days, does Adobe contact me about making this a "committed relationship" (lol)?
2) I've been enjoyng the Nik Collection of plug-ins on CS6; can I somehow copy them to CC?  Do I have to go back into town and download them again?  Download an updated version?  I've found advice for doing a transfer on Mac OSs, but not Windows, and although I've been tempted to poke and drag and drop and such, I'm afraid I'll really screw something up.
3) I have one action in particular I'd like to copy, too; I'd be willing to copy them all for the sake of ease if its just a matter of copying a file.  Again, I'm among the computer illiterati, so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance (again)

by E.J. Peiker on Mon May 14, 2018 8:03 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
1) At the end of 7 days it stops working until you purchase further access. The program must check in with the mothership occasionally so you must have an internet connection to keep it working long term.
2) Redownload them and install them. you can get them here: https://www.google.com/nikcollection/
3) Make sure you save the actions which will create an .atn file then copy it to the identical folder in CC

by Craig Lipski on Mon May 14, 2018 8:33 pm
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
Location: The bustling metropolis of Fowlerville, Michigan, and the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley
Member #:00495
Thank you sir!

3 posts |