Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
by Craig Lipski on Thu May 10, 2018 9:56 am
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
Location: The bustling metropolis of Fowlerville, Michigan, and the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley
Member #:00495
I'm finally going to pull the trigger on a 5D IV.  That will necessitate an upgrade from CS6 to CC (I don't want to go the DNG route.)  Looking at Adobe's website, it says that Lightroom CC requires Win 10; I only use Bridge and PS, so I'm not worried about Lightroom, but before I make the significant financial outlay, I want to be sure that PS CC will work w/ Win 7; I got put in the queue to chat w/ an Adobe rep, but last time I tried that it took hours, with me tied to the computer; I figured someone here would surely know the answer.
Thanks in advance.

Edit: Adobe says it WILL work w/ Win 7, but reading a lot of confusing stuff on the web, it might be worth noting that I have Win 7 Professional, 64 bit, with Service Pack 1; it sounds like some people have experienced major headaches with this, and if you can't tell, I'm not very computer savvy.

Edit 2: Adobe says it requires "Intel Core 2 or AMD Athlon processor, 2 GHz or faster processor."  I have an "Intel Core i7-4930MX CPU @ 3.00  GHZ  3.20 GHz".  This is all Greek to me; am I OK?

by bartley123 on Thu May 10, 2018 10:54 am
bartley123
Forum Contributor
Evidently you understand Greek better than you think. Your PC has plenty of power, can't speak for win7 but it should be fine but you really should switch over to Windows 10 now and save yourself some headaches later when you'll probably be required to make the switch.
Don Cooper
Western Mass.
http://www.doncooper.photos

by dissent on Thu May 10, 2018 12:19 pm
dissent
Forum Contributor
I've been using CC with Win 7/64 on an i5-something or another for a short while now. Haven't noticed any big issues yet.

by E.J. Peiker on Thu May 10, 2018 1:13 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
You won't have any problems.

by Craig Lipski on Thu May 10, 2018 2:01 pm
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
Location: The bustling metropolis of Fowlerville, Michigan, and the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley
Thanks all!

by John Guastella on Fri May 11, 2018 10:53 am
John Guastella
Forum Contributor
Another approach - and in my opinion a better one - is to convert the 5DIV raw files in DPP and then send the TIFFs to PS CS6 for any additional editing.

John

by Craig Lipski on Fri May 11, 2018 4:34 pm
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
John Guastella wrote:Another approach - and in my opinion a better one - is to convert the 5DIV raw files in DPP and then send the TIFFs to PS CS6 for any additional editing.

John

Thanks, John.
That’s an idea I’ve been considering, and will probably explore, but I want to start out, if not exactly in my comfort zone, with something that I won’t feel totally clueless with at the outset.

7 posts |