All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by Anthony Medici on Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:54 am
Anthony Medici
Lifetime Member
Member #:00012
Adobe has released a change to Lightroom that could be considered a 'Major' change. Yet, it seems that it really is only moving areas that already existed in Lightroom to a more logical order rather than really adding more new features.

https://theblog.adobe.com/april-lightro ... w-profiles

One change is to move where the panel is for profiles. In that change, adobe is now using Adobe Color (a new profile) as the standard profile on entry rather than Adobe Standard. They have also added (or changed) other profiles they provide.

Another change is to unhide the Dehaze filter by putting it in the basic panel rather than where it was hiding originally.

Lastly, the Tone Curve Panel has been updated to allow for more precise adjustments.

I haven't tried it yet, I'm busy backing up my main system drive so that I could 'go back' if I find it too disruptive for my next trip which is coming up soon. But like all things that Adobe does, I'll eventually need to get used to the change or be left behind.
Tony

by Mike in O on Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:33 pm
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
Adobe seems to be flying on the coat tails of ON1, copying many of their styles.

by mikeojohnson on Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:49 am
mikeojohnson
Lifetime Member
Member #:00374
This might be a bigger change than appears on the surface.  The profiles feature allows you to apply a "look" to the image after you have done your technical adjustments and it doesn't adjust the sliders like presets do.
MattK.com has a nice explanation in a short video.
mike
"Photography intensifies the experience of life"
http://www.mojphoto.com

by Anthony Medici on Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:21 am
Anthony Medici
Lifetime Member
Member #:00012
The only change I'm seeing is that I can now preview the change to be made while hovering over the profile's name. (Well that and not giving you a single list of all the possible profiles but making you click on a sub list to see certain profiles.) Other than that, profiles have been in Lightroom and Adobe RAW since the first version.
Tony

by Ed Cordes on Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:14 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
I noticed the change that previews the preset styles on the entire image rather than just the thumbnail on upper left. This is a wonderful change and makes things a lot easier to see what to expect by choosing a particular preset. I also really like the new location for dehaze. Makes more sense where it is now rather than having to scroll all the way to the bottom.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

by Neilyb on Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:31 pm
Neilyb
Forum Contributor
I really dislike the preset preview being applied to the image on roll over. If I run my mouse down my saved presets it loads and applies them one after the other, this simply brings my PC to it's knees, especially on a panorama. Seems Adobe have forgotten to add the option of disabling this in the preferences too :( have to be very careful how I navigate that list, seems a little RAM intensive.

Not a fan of the new profiles either, sorry, now means more mouse clicks to get where I want (and I never use an Adobe profile). Importing with a preset is one way around this but switching between Camera profiles is that little bit less efficient.

They could have added a truly flat profile instead of doing the process version switch. Less and less impressed with Lightroom.

6 posts |