All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by calvin1calvin on Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:56 pm
calvin1calvin
Forum Contributor
Member #:00184
I have a Nikon d7000 which was converted to IR by Kolari Vision.  I am trying to create a profile for this camera so I can bring the WB down below the minimum temp in LR.  I am using a Windows 7 computer, with plenty of memory and speed, and following the steps from www.robertreiserphotography.com.  I can create the DNG file as explained, save it, export it, however, I must be missing a step or doing something wrong because when I reopen LR and the exported image and go to the develop module under camera calibration I do not see the profile.  The adobe dng editor tells me the file was successfully saved and that LR should recognize it, but it doesn't.  Am I missing a step?  Do I need to go into the computer as an administrator and do something with the permissions?  I tried this on my Windows 10 laptop and it would not accept the DNG change in LR.  I am really frustrated because I want to process my images.  I downloaded into a friend's MAC and followed these steps and LR accepted the changes. 

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:11 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Can't be done in LR. Adobe products do not have enough white balance adjustment range to handle IR converted cameras properly. Nikon's Capture NX-D does though as does virtually every other RAW converter out there, just not Adobe stuff. Your quickest and cheapest solution would be to just process your IR images in Capture NX-D.

Here is a video on the Lifepixel site explaining the problem:
https://www.lifepixel.com/photo-tutoria ... hop-videos Scroll down to the video on Infrared RAW Conversion Conversion Problems and Solutions.

by calvin1calvin on Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:24 pm
calvin1calvin
Forum Contributor
Member #:00184
Charlie Bush has found a workaround to get a custom camera profile into LR's develop module and be able to apply the camera profile to put more blue into the WB setting. You have to go into PS, highlight the photo, control/command a, convert the color space to Lab, open the channels palette, select channel A to do a channel inversion, select channel b and do a channel inversion, click on LAB to view the channel inversion. If the image is reasonably close you convert back to rgb color and process. He also stated that Capture NX-D would work as well as NX 2.

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:15 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
That video was made before NX-D came out. NX-D works fine, as does Capture One or any number of other RAW converters. I actually have a 720nm D7000 and use C1 for my RAW conversions but I used NX-D before as well. The LR workaround seems like a major pain.

by andre paul on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:57 am
andre paul
Forum Contributor
calvin,
in adobe photoshop and lightroom you will first have to download the free adobe progam called -adobe dng proflie editor-
there yu can build an infrared profile with the correct latitude for IR images and insert in photoshop and lightroom.
has nothing to do with dng files in the end, it works perfectly with your nikon raw images after profile is inserted.
in the lifepixel site  there is a special tutorial about how doing that.
i have done it and it works correctly, but use it sometimes in photoshop cs6.
having said that, i do prefer to use capture nx -d ( and capture nx the previous paid version that i still have ) to correct white balance.
it is simpler with capture nx-d and works perfectly.

good  luck.
andre

EDIT: i just saw the link you gave and it looks pretty similar to the tutorial from lifepixel.
         i still use windows 7 professional.
         if you are doing all things correctly i don't now why the frofile is not showing in your raw converter.... :-(
andre reichmann
**sao paulo-brazil**

5 posts |