« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
by WJaekel on Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:11 pm
WJaekel
Forum Contributor
I recently upgraded to Capture One 11 from v 10 and have been exporting a collection of raw files from my LR 6.1 catalogue into a new folder on my HD. The raw files then were imported as a new session into C1 v 11 for processing. The process recipe is set to Tiff 16bit, uncompressed , ProphotoRGB, resolution 300 px/in, scale fixed 100% and to "open with Adobe Photoshop CS6" after the conversion - as I've successfully done and set the recipe for years with all previous versions of C1 v4-10. However, some of the files now are opened in Adobe Raw 9.1 and indicated as 8bit Tiff files after the conversion with the color space pointing to AdobeRGB though the process recipe and summary in C1 is set correct and double checked as described above. Other files in the same import directory, taken with the identical cameras Canon 1Dx2 and 5DsR and with the identical  (unchanged) recipe setting are converted correctly to 16bit ProphotoRGB Tiffs and afterwards opened in PS CS6 as it should be. I have no idea what's wrong here with the processing of those specific files or the setting prior to the conversion. That said, if I click those Tif-files in the output folder after the conversion they are opened in AdobeRaw instead of PS, too. So for whatever reason they are not converted correctly into Tiffs as set in the recipe though they're indicated as Tifs after the conversion. But maybe they actually remain raws which consequently are opened in AdobeRaw after all  :?:  However, I see no issue with the original raw files in question prior to the processing which can be converted and handled correctly in LR or DPP. So any help is very much appreciated since I never experienced that issue before with any of the previous versions of C1 and ten thousands of conversions.

Thank you in advance

Wolfgang
http://www.wjaekel-foto.de

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:28 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
That's a problem with Camera Raw and Bridge which embeds a flag into the sidecar file. If you have ever touched that file with ACR it will do that. To make it stop launch Bridge and then go into Camera Raw Preferences and disable JPEG and TIFF handling. Now shutdown Bridge, shut down Capture One, relaunch Capture One.

by WJaekel on Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:59 am
WJaekel
Forum Contributor
Bingo ! A million thanks, E.J. - you're the greatest ! I had posted this problem over in the phaseone forum, too, but have not got an answer so far. So I was about to create a support case and post process the critical files in DPP or LR for now since I need to enter the files into an international contest before Sunday.
I'm pretty sure though, that I never had touched the files in ACR or Bridge prior to the conversion in C1 but maybe in DPP. I never use ACR. I just came back from the Canadian Arctic and had my files stored on an external drive and organized/keyworded in LR. Once I came back the collection was transferred on my PC - nothing else. But for whatever reason the critical files evidentally were flagged on the way as you suggested so that the process recipe in C1 was ignored. Really a mystery. Anyway, thank you again !

Wolfgang

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:01 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
It's likely that the keywording in LR did it as that adds a hidden XMP file taht automatically transfers when you copy the images to another drive and as soon as you do that with Adobe, the assumption by Adobe is that anytime you access that file you will access it with their software.  Adobe as a company is so arogant that they can't even conceive of anyone using any software but their's :o

by WJaekel on Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:47 pm
WJaekel
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:......... Adobe as a company is so arogant that they can't even conceive of anyone using any software but their's :o
Considering today's headline it seems they can feel so, unfortunately :

https://www.dpreview.com/news/181856930 ... q1-of-2018

Wolfgang

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:30 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Yeah, it baffles me how many people absolutely hate Adobe yet send them money every month...

by Rocky Sharwell on Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:24 am
Rocky Sharwell
Lifetime Member
Member #:00054
E.J. Peiker wrote:Yeah, it baffles me how many people absolutely hate Adobe yet send them money every month...

Your being so adamant about it has inspired my refusal. I really liked the convenience for me of LR.
Rocky Sharwell

7 posts |