Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Mark Walrod on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:27 am
Mark Walrod
Forum Contributor
I thought I'd post this issue here to see if others have experienced similar issues.  I recently purchased a custom Puget PC and paired it with a new NEC PA272W monitor and notice a difference in color/warmth when opening images in PSCC2018.  The colors and warmth in camera raw seem to get washed out after opening the image in PSCC2018.  There's not a change in color, but images look washed out/dull in comparison.

My monitor is calibrated to 110/2.2/D65 (in fact I re calibrated numerous times in hopes that would solve the issue) using NEC's spectraview software and an i1 Display Pro, so I'm confident it's not a calibration issue. My color settings in camera raw and PS are the same (aRGB).  In fact, my settings are the same as my old system (mac pro and NEC monitor) and I never experienced this issue on the old system.

I've been struggling to resolve this for a couple of weeks now by researching Adobe forums, etc., but no luck.  The only thing I see as a possible discrepancy with my system that might be causing the issue is what my preferences show under graphics card settings.  Photoshop shows the graphics processor as "Intel UHD Graphics 630", while camera raw preferences shows performnce settings "NVIDIA Quadro P2000".

Any help on this would be much appreciated as my limited technical knowledge is exhausted.

Thank you.

Mark

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:16 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Hey Mark, I think you answered your own question in the second to last paragraph.  ACR is using the Nvidia card while Photoshop is defaulting to the onboard graphics in the microprocessor.  What you will need to do is to go into the nVidia settings and assign Photoshop to use the Quadro card.  I'm traveling so I can't tell you the exact steps but if you can't figure it out, I can go through the exact steps on Saturday night or Sunday morning.  But go into the nVidia software and look for a preference section where you can assign the grahics processor in use by application.  There are probably other ones you will want to assign to the Quadro.

by Mark Walrod on Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:00 pm
Mark Walrod
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:Hey Mark, I think you answered your own question in the second to last paragraph.  ACR is using the Nvidia card while Photoshop is defaulting to the onboard graphics in the microprocessor.  What you will need to do is to go into the nVidia settings and assign Photoshop to use the Quadro card.  I'm traveling so I can't tell you the exact steps but if you can't figure it out, I can go through the exact steps on Saturday night or Sunday morning.  But go into the nVidia software and look for a preference section where you can assign the grahics processor in use by application.  There are probably other ones you will want to assign to the Quadro.

Thanks, E.J.  Problem solved.  I had the display port cable connected to the on board graphics instead of the Nvidia graphics ports. Changed the connection, re calibrated the monitor and life is good.

Thanks again! I really appreciate it.  I wish I would posted this issue here on NSN sooner.

Mark

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:49 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Yup, that would definitely be another way to make that happen :) Glad you got it solved.

4 posts |