All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Charlie Woodrich on Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:34 pm
Charlie Woodrich
Forum Contributor
Hello!

My monitor is making noise (like it's calculating Pi; more like a processor noise) when I move any slider in C1 Pro or Lightroom. Has anyone else experienced this?  Is it normal?  My warranty is up the beginning of March so I have to do something soon.  Your thoughts are appreciated.

Charlie

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:37 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Definitely not normal in my experience.

by Royce Howland on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:20 pm
Royce Howland
Forum Contributor
Member #:00460
Not normal in my experience either. It might not be the monitor as such, however. It could caused by some kind of radio frequency interference leaching into the cables plugged into the monitor, generating some crappy signals that interact with monitor components & generating audible noise. Or it could be a problem with the computer's video card generating a highly noisy video signal and pumping it down the video cable to the display where it's again interacting with some components to create audible noise.

If possible, try different cables, and try the monitor on a different computer. That should narrow down whether it's actually something in the monitor or something upstream from it.
Royce Howland

by Charlie Woodrich on Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:47 pm
Charlie Woodrich
Forum Contributor
Well guys this is embarrassing. I turned off the speakers and the sound went away. Thanks for your answers.

4 posts |