Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by tom walker on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:16 pm
tom walker
Forum Contributor
Ten years ago I read here about the Sony Vaio. One poster declared it the best laptop he'd ever owned and would buy another in a heartbeat. So I bought one on Newegg. It is still hammering along but is beginning to slow down and glitches develop. Does anyone have any thoughts on this brand now? And, or, recommendations.  Thank you.
Tom Walker

by photoman4343 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:44 pm
photoman4343
Forum Contributor
Hi Tom,

I have one too. Mine is a 15 inch model purchased in 2012.   About a year ago, it started to slow down. I replaced the internal hard drive with a 1TB Samsung SSD drive and changed the operating system to Win 10 Pro. The computer store that did the work said that was better made than some newer laptops.  RAM is 12 GB and the processor is an i7. It gets the job done for viewing RAW images and processing some of them. Its screen is somewhat lacking in resolution for detailed image processing. Sony sold Vaio to a Japanese investment firm in 2014. I am not sure if Vaio products are still sold in the United States. My Sony Vaio has been the best laptop I have ever owned and that includes two Dell XPS laptops. 
Joe Smith

by Tim Zurowski on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:31 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
Tom, I too love my Sony Vaio, and it is also the best laptop I have ever owned. Mine is still running strong and does everything I could need from it . . . . . Win 7x64, i7, 8GB RAM. Unless it is too expensive to resolve your issues, that's what I would do with mine :) Interesting though that mine is still running fast with zero glitches, which leads me to believe that yours might just need some cleaning or re-installs. I completely wiped all the Sony stuff from mine and did a complete fresh install of Win 7 and all my apps. 

3 posts |