« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 23 posts | 
by E.J. Peiker on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:54 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Tim Zurowski wrote:
E.J. Peiker wrote:I ran before and after benchmarks on my "older chip" Win 7 machine and there was no measurable difference.  Running multiple applications simultaneously also did not reveal any discernible slow down on my machine.
Can we assume that this means "yes" the Jan 3 fix was also for Win 7x64?  
Yes but they didn't roll it out until a few days later.  Just run Windows update and you will be up to date.

by Tim Zurowski on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:58 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
Thanks EJ . . . . . Done, but just wanted to make sure that I got it for Win 7 :) Like you, I cannot notice any difference at all.

by Robert on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:18 pm
Robert
Forum Contributor
I may have finally received the update for this issue for Win 8.1 yesterday. It took an abnormally long time to install, restart, and my system to idle without a high amount of memory and disk space (70-100% disk) being used. After that it has worked fine. The one update I think may be the one is KB4056895, as MS support mentions it applies to a security update to Windows Kernel, etc. It also mentions this update is the one that may cause AMD devices to get into an "unbootable state", although I fortunately do not have an AMD device.

23 posts |