All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by E.J. Peiker on Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:04 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Many photographer and friends use Wordpress to host their photo sites and/or blogs. Please beware that they are under serious cyber-attack since last night and make sure you protect your online assets. Details here:
https://www.wordfence.com/blog/2017/12/ ... ss-attack/

by WDCarrier on Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:16 pm
WDCarrier
Forum Contributor
I'm not one who understands the intricacies of the internet...it all seems like magic to me.  I do have a WordPress blog site.  What is the danger to me from this issue?
[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” MLK[/font]

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:15 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
WDCarrier wrote:I'm not one who understands the intricacies of the internet...it all seems like magic to me.  I do have a WordPress blog site.  What is the danger to me from this issue?
If it's all still working well then you are probably OK.  But do read the linked article and possibly contact them to see what else you may need to do.

by Jeff Colburn on Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:13 pm
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
An attack like this can force Wordpress to shut down, which is only a problem if your site is hosted on Wordpress. Eventually, the attack will stop, Wordpress will repair any damage and it will go back to normal. However, you should do regular backups of your Wordpress site. I use the plugin UpdraftPlus to create my backups. I've never had to restore from these backups, and I hope to keep it that way.

Have Fun,
Jeff
Fine Art Prints and Stock Photography of Arizona www.JeffColburn.com See my ebooks in the NatureScapes Store.

4 posts |