All times are UTC - 5 hours

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by James W. Milligan on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:17 pm
James W. Milligan
Lifetime Member
Member #:00249
I have put off installing the upgrade at this point and wonder if anyone has had issues with PS,Lightroom or other plug-ins such as on1 or capture one?  I currently have an iMac 27 in late 2015 machine with 8 gb of ram.

by MND on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:34 pm
MND
Forum Contributor
James W. Milligan wrote:
I have put off installing the upgrade at this point and wonder if anyone has had issues with PS,Lightroom or other plug-ins such as on1 or capture one?  I currently have an iMac 27 in late 2015 machine with 8 gb of ram.

I've been running it for a few weeks now on my 2017 MacBook Pro with 16gb. I'm using PS CS6 and Capture One 10 and more recently 11.

I'm not having any issues with either of these.

Good Luck

by Mark Boranyak on Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:07 am
Mark Boranyak
Forum Contributor
James W. Milligan wrote:

I have High Sierra installed on both of my computers: a five year old MacBook Air and a four plus years old IMac (27 inch with 32 GB or RAM). Everything is working just fine: LR and all my various plug ins.

Mark

by DOglesby on Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:28 pm
DOglesby
Lifetime Member
Member #:01155
I've installed it.  Not sure if it's coincidental or not (because I haven't been doing a ton of editing lately to know for sure) but Photoshop crashes every time I try to use one of the Nik plugins - w/ PS CC and CS6 so guessing it's a High Sierra issue.  They work fine in Lightroom though.  I've not tried reinstalling Nik yet (probably should try that).  Never had this problem prior to upgrading so my sense is that it's a compatibility issue.  Anyone else with the same issue?  

Note - I normally wouldn't install until I see the reports but I have several ways to edit and wasn't terribly worried (I never install on my laptop and desktop at the same time).  More of a MacPhun user now anyway but I wish the Nik apps wouldn't crash in PS.
Cheers,
Doug

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:21 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
DOglesby wrote:
I've installed it.  Not sure if it's coincidental or not (because I haven't been doing a ton of editing lately to know for sure) but Photoshop crashes every time I try to use one of the Nik plugins - w/ PS CC and CS6 so guessing it's a High Sierra issue.  They work fine in Lightroom though.  I've not tried reinstalling Nik yet (probably should try that).  Never had this problem prior to upgrading so my sense is that it's a compatibility issue.  Anyone else with the same issue?  

Note - I normally wouldn't install until I see the reports but I have several ways to edit and wasn't terribly worried (I never install on my laptop and desktop at the same time).  More of a MacPhun user now anyway but I wish the Nik apps wouldn't crash in PS.

I've read that on a number of forums.  It appears that at least parts of the Nik Suite is broken on High Sierra and as I recall that was predicted since High Sierra can no longer run 32 bit apps and some modules of Nik are 32 bit.  I think there is no company in the world better at obsoleting things than Apple.  Meanwhile my Windows 10 machines still run 8-bit 8088 programs I wrote in 1983 ;)

by signgrap on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:22 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
I believe most people have had to re-install NIK collection when they have updated their OS .
Dick Ludwig

6 posts |