Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Aaron Jors on Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:55 am
Aaron Jors
Forum Contributor
In the past I have been happy with the performance of Photoshop on my pc (i7-3770, 32GB GDRR3 Ram, GEForce GT640 2gb GDRR3) however recently I have tried experimenting with the TKActions Panels and using 2 monitors and Photoshop has not been the same since.  I have since stopped using 2 monitors to see if this was the cause but it has not had an effect.

Everything has slowed down quite a bit.  For example say I have 10 different adjustment layers for an image.  Just switching from one layer to another in layers palette can take up to 7 seconds.  Previous to these to these changes it was instant.  Photoshop still lists efficiency at 100%.

So I'm wondering does the TKActions Panel really require that much from Photoshop to operate?  Is something holding in my system from trying the 2 monitor setup?
http://www.aaroncjors.com

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:57 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
That is very slow even for the older processor that you have.  If the slowdown occurred when you installed the Actions panel then that is likely the culprit.  As for the two monitor set-up, you didn't say what the monitors were or their resolution nor did you say which version of Photoshop so it's difficult to answer but in general with newer versions of PS and two high rez monitors your graphics card is underpowered.  A little more detail would be very beneficial in trying to figure things out :)

by Aaron Jors on Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:48 pm
Aaron Jors
Forum Contributor
Thanks. E.J. I sort of installed the panel and tried the 2 monitors around the same time. I thought I had the panel installed and played around with it a little bit before setting up the 2nd monitor but can't remember for sure. I'm using CS6 and the main monitor is 1920x1200 and the second monitor I think was 800x600, it was an older monitor. I just wanted to try putting all the menu's on separate monitor to see how I liked it.

I guess I can try to uninstall the panel to see if that helps. It's hard to believe the panel could slow things down so much though.
http://www.aaroncjors.com

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:17 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Those resolutions shouldn't pose a problem for the graphics card but you never know when you layer on different software. I'd take everything back to baseline and get everything working as it once was. Then introduce changes one at a time to see what's going on.

by ChrisRoss on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:24 pm
ChrisRoss
Forum Contributor
I'm running the actions panel and I have not noticed any difference in processing speed. I have processor that was mid range when purchased about 3-4 years back.
Chris Ross
Sydney
Australia
http://www.aus-natural.com   Instagram: @ausnaturalimages  Now offering Fine Art printing Services

5 posts |