Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by WDCarrier on Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:34 pm
WDCarrier
Forum Contributor
I have rented a Sony RX10 IV to test.  Unfortunately, my Adobe Camera RAW (updated) will not open my RAW files so that I can view and edit to compare quality.  I can bring up the files in Bridge but they are .arw and it indicates they're not supported so they are not visible as are my Canon .CR2 files.  I can view them with a RAW viewer but it does not convert them so I can't edit.  I downloaded Adobe Camera RAW10 that indicates RX10 IV files are supported but when I( try to load it only asks for .dng files.  Not being a computer genius I'm at a loss as to where to go from here.  BTW, I'm using PS CR6.
[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” MLK[/font]

by Kim on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:41 pm
Kim
Forum Contributor
Does Sony have free/trial software that you can download to convert your files with? If not get a trial version of any of the good software raw processors.

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:25 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
The free Sony only version of Capture One will work them just fine.  CS6 obviously can't handle them since the last update to the RAW converter for it was 2 years ago and the RX10 IV is brand new.

To get the Sony version, just go to the Phase One site and download and install Capture One on your computer.  On the start-up screen select the free Sony version.  If you end up liking it, you can later upgrade to the full version with all of the bells and whistles of the most powerful RAW editor there ism simply by buying a license key.  But for Sony camera only images, browsing and adjusting the usual stuff, just select the free Sony version at startup.

by Jeff Pearl on Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:41 am
Jeff Pearl
Forum Contributor
Member #:02142
I think you can do it with the free trial at https://www.on1.com/products/photo-raw/

by WDCarrier on Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:01 pm
WDCarrier
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:The free Sony only version of Capture One will work them just fine.  CS6 obviously can't handle them since the last update to the RAW converter for it was 2 years ago and the RX10 IV is brand new.

To get the Sony version, just go to the Phase One site and download and install Capture One on your computer.  On the start-up screen select the free Sony version.  If you end up liking it, you can later upgrade to the full version with all of the bells and whistles of the most powerful RAW editor there ism simply by buying a license key.  But for Sony camera only images, browsing and adjusting the usual stuff, just select the free Sony version at startup.

Thanks, E.J.  Downloaded Capture One and was able to access images.  Switching to a new process is difficult without instruction, I can't figure just how to do a lot of the processes I've become so familiar with in CS6 so I'm not sure my comparison between equipment is on target.  Be nice if everyone used the same terms for the same processes.  Also don't know if I got a free pass as the program indicates it'll be invalid in 30 days. 
[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” MLK[/font]

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:21 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Go to the Phase One YouTube page. Webinars and tutorials for virtually everything.

6 posts |