Mike in O
Forum Contributor
Capture1 11 express for Sony (free) now supports layers
https://www.phaseone.com/Sony/

by MND on Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:36 am
MND
Forum Contributor
I'm in.

Why is there not a Lens Profile for the popular 300mm PF lens or even the earlier version?

by Mike in O on Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:41 am
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
MND wrote:I'm in.

Why is there not a Lens Profile for the popular 300mm PF lens or even the earlier version?
A 300 shouldn't need a lens profile...do you have heavy vignetting?

by DChan on Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:15 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
Mike in O wrote:
MND wrote:I'm in.

A 300 shouldn't need a lens profile...do you have heavy vignetting?
I'd say it's not about if a 300 needs a lens profile. If lens profile is part of Capture One's offer, then that 300 lens profile should be there. DxO does.

by WJaekel on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:21 pm
WJaekel
Forum Contributor
I have been using CaptureOne from the start and it's the best raw converter, IMO. The upgrade price is pretty steep, though. It amounts to 143 € (incl tax) here for Capture One 10 users which is around half the price of  the new purchase. I will try the new version and I do hope that it's worth the costs and works flawlessly so that the release isn't too much driven by the competition (upgraded versions of DxO and LR). I don't need annotations but the improvements regarding levels and masking are promising. As to masking of difficult subjects, LR has worked better compared to the previous versions of C1, IMO. The same has been true for organizing the files. Anyway, Adobe's path is not acceptable for me as discussed previously. I haven't used DxO much to date but the planned incorporation of NIK certainly is appealing, too. In the end, the best quality of the raw converter is the most decisive factor for me.

Wolfgang

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:33 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
There's plenty of key lenses that DXO and Adobe don't have profiles for...

by DChan on Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:10 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:There's plenty of key lenses that DXO and Adobe don't have profiles for...
I could agree that DxO does not have profiles of every lens+camera combo out there. I suppose they can only give you what they have worked on just like everybody else. My feeling is DxO has more than what other programs do though. That's what they do, right, testing sensors and lenses? I'm sure I've got more updates from DxO than from Capture One Pro.

8 posts |