All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 9 posts | 
by signgrap on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:13 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
Recently when working within Capture One Pro v10.2.1, I’ve experienced some quirky behavior.  When making local adjustments, the adjustment takes longer to make and redraw.  It started to feel like I was making the adjustments in Lightroom and not Capture One.  I then began to notice when doing screen redraws the left 3rd of the image would momentarily become a neutral gray color that included a bit of low-level noise (no visible indication of the image just a solid gray).  When trying to make this phenomenon take place at will, I discovered that every time I clicked exposure warning button the screen would redraw and this gray block would obscure one third of the left side of the image momentarily.  Be aware that only the image is affected, none of the tools, menu bars etc. are affected.  I am beginning to think that the graphics card is starting to go.  If I move the toolbars from one side of the screen to the other side of the screen, the same area of the image is affected, so I have ruled out the monitor being the problem, as the image now has moved to a different area of the screen. 

Does this logic seem sound? 
Have I missed something?
The monitor I am using is a NEC 2690 SpectraView.
The graphics card is a Nivea GeForce GT 740 with 4GB RAM

In addition it seems to take longer to load images e.g. it takes a long time for an image to appear when 1st opening Capture One.  The image display area remains blank for the longest while, then the browser will appear below the image area, then after waiting a bit more the image that has been last worked on appears in the image area.  This is not a matter of a slight bit longer to load, it is considerably longer in the magnitude of 10 to 20 times longer than it had previously taken.  Again I am thinking that it’s taking the graphics card a long time to assemble and load the images.  Or could there be something else that’s causing this problem?
Dick Ludwig

Last edited by signgrap on Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:02 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
The post is a bit difficult to read Dick - you can't cut and paste formatted text into an NSN window and have it display properly.

Did you try changing your Open GL setting in the preferences? It's under Hardware settings in the General tab.

by signgrap on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:30 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Sorry about that, it's the first time I've had a problem with pasting text.
I just changed the setting from Auto to Never under Hardware.
Now the gray area no longer appears when redrawing but the program is still very slow responding to commands.
When closing the the little spinning wheel which says Saving takes forever to finish and close.
Don't have any time right now to investigate but will try some things tomorrow. Thanks E.J.
Dick Ludwig

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:54 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
OK, good, making progress.  The next thing to do then is to download the latest version from the Phase One site and then just install it.  Also do a registry clean.  If it works, then try turning Open GL back to Auto.  Also update the video driver to the latest version in case that got corrupted.

by signgrap on Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:15 am
signgrap
Lifetime Member
E.J., Your recommendations are exactly what I was thinking of doing.
The first thing I did when I experienced the problems was to update the video driver (updated prior to my first post above).
Thinking back, I may have noticed a very slight change in the way C1 was working after the Win 10 Anniversary update.
Hard to be sure as I said it was very slight and then seemed to progress at a very slow rate as program response worsened over time.
And that was around the same time I updated to C1 v 10.2.1, too much going on at the same time to be sure about cause and effect.

Aside from Deactivating the C1 install on the affected computer and running CCleaner is there anything else I should do before installing C1 again?
Dick Ludwig

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:42 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
You don't need to deactivate it - it's registered to your machine. You can actually manage all of that on the Phase One website. You may need to open a ticket with them if all of that doesn't solve the problem.

by signgrap on Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:58 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
OK, have now re-installed C1 after first uninstalling C1 and running the latest version of CCleaner twice.
After re-installation, C1 was still sluggish when opening and more noticeably when closing, taking a long time to close down.
Did a number of tests to see if video card would act up - it didn't. After doing a few restarts I remembered that I hadn't reset the Open GL back to Auto. So I reset it. Video card still worked as normal after testing it a few times. The last time I closed C1 down it closed as it normally had i.e. fast. Can't explain what changed as it didn't seem related to anything I had done prior to closing. Don't have time to thoroughly test C1 now but will do so in the next couple of days.
E.J. thanks once again for your help.
Dick Ludwig

by signgrap on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:29 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Today I cured all the problems I was having with C1 Pro v10.2.1.
All problems disappeared when I installed C1 Pro v11.
Something in v10.2.1 must have messed up my installation in some way making everything run slower and messed up the video card.
Strange that re-installing the C1 didn't fix it.
Dick Ludwig

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:34 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
LOL - that's one way to fix it :)

9 posts |