Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
by tom walker on Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:19 am
tom walker
Forum Contributor
Using CS6. Whenever I attempt to rename a New Folder, I get a box that reads: "Updating the cache for items within the folder recursively."
The problem is that the window with the active symbol takes forever to close - many minutes, as many as 15 - and, of course locks the program until complete. Originally the rename was almost instantaneous. I have purged the cache but this didn't help. Any clues to resolves this?

Thanks.

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:32 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Are you talking about Bridge or Photoshop? In either case I would start be killing the preferences files for each.

by tom walker on Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:46 am
tom walker
Forum Contributor
The issue is with Bridge. I have both "purged" the cache then later tried "compact" all without effect on the problem. What do you mean by "kill"? Thank you.

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:38 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Go into Bridge and first save your workspace so that you can recall it later.  Then exit Bridge and launch Bridge and immediately with no delay whatsoever simultaneously depress the Cntrl-Alt-Shift keys

Then restore your workspace.

Here is more info:
https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/troub ... ridge.html

by tom walker on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:38 pm
tom walker
Forum Contributor
As suspected, as soon as I hit Ctrl+Alt+Shift, no matter how quickly after I start Bridge, I get the Start Task Manager panel and none of the icons that the website says should appear. I have purged the cache several times so I am clueless. Thanks anyway.

by tom walker on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:53 pm
tom walker
Forum Contributor
Following the actual location and purging and resetting manually, as explained in the Adobe link worked. Thank you E.J. As always your expertise and knowledge is impressive.

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:03 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Great news, whenever any Adobe product starts to go wonky, the first thing to try is to delete the preferences file for that application. I'd guess as much as 90% of the time that corrects the problem.

7 posts |