« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by signgrap on Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:22 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
Looks like Macphun wants to take Adobe's unhappy LR CC users away. 
The price is certainly attractive but can they produce a competitive product at this price point?  Read more here:
https://www.dpreview.com/news/500286861 ... ghtroom-cc 
Dick Ludwig

by EGrav on Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:50 pm
EGrav
Forum Contributor
Not just Luminar, but On1, Affinity, etc. And of course Capture One Pro is well established. Lots of options here or in very near future.

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:09 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
EGrav wrote:Not just Luminar, but On1, Affinity, etc. And of course Capture One Pro is well established. Lots of options here or in very near future.
And to a lesser extent, Topaz Studio although it has absolutely no DAM in it but it can do most of what anybody would ever need to do on the image editing front in a very easy way.

by DChan on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:45 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
Replacing Lightroom is easy as there've been options around for a long while, but replacing Photoshop is a different story.

by SantaFeJoe on Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:13 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Macphun is now known as Skylum:

https://www.dpreview.com/news/194186447 ... t-mac-only

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by bradmangas on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:57 pm
bradmangas
Forum Contributor
I don't believe any of the mentioned programs come close to taking on LR. LR is an elementary photo editing program at best and it's muscle does not reside in its photo editing abilities.
I am still unsure why anyone would use only "LR" for photo editing. And I am unsure why anyone would use LR for "only" photo editing.

I have used Affinity, Luminar, and Topaz Studio products. Luminar is the only one that seemed somewhat impressive and that would be if you're just into clicking on presets and moving sliders and see what happens. The same can be said of the NIK software plugins. The other two just seem to be poorly written software. As far as I can tell, they don't come close to the "overall" ability of LR. I know there are those who have it in for Adobe and I am not trying to make a point about that. But I can not image finding a better bang for your buck than LR & PS.

6 posts |