Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by MND on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:54 am
MND
Forum Contributor
A while back I had my old Sony A7R converted to IR 830nm by Max Max. I've not done a great deal with it but would like to do more. Right now to process them I'm using some actions called False Colors from Kohlari Vision. I'm just playing around with the actions until I get a picture that looks interesting. 

Is there anything from Capture One that I can try or can someone point me to a link that I can learn more.

Thanks

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:01 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
You are going to be pretty limited in what you can do with color with an 830nm camera.  It is designed for high contrast black and white.  To really get into color IR you would need a 590nm or 665nm conversion.  Even 720 is limited but to a lesser extent.

In C1, you should basically adjust the WB and do any shadow/highlight, contrast stuff and that's about it.  Then in PS you would invert the red and blue color channels and then just work on the different sections of the image independently in layers.

by MND on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:16 am
MND
Forum Contributor
Thanks E.J.

Black and White it is then. I do like the way the clouds stand out from the dark sky.

What Kelvin temperature do you think I should be using for an 830nm?

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:04 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
In C1 just click on anything that you want neutral, for B&W it doesn't matter as much. You can pick clouds, or leaves, or grass, just not the sky. If you go to the Lifepixel site, there are a number of helpful videos.

4 posts |