Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Bill Chambers on Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:12 am
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
My D810 sensor is getting a few dust spots on it and I was wondering about cleaning it.  Since the D810 doesn't have an AA filter I was wondering if I can clean it in the same manner I cleaned my old D2x (using Eclipse fluid).  Will I be touching the actual sensor on the D810 or does it have any type of protective cover over it?  Looking for advice and suggestions.  Thanks in advance.
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:45 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
It still has filters in front of it like UV and IR and protection, you can clean it the same way as you have in the past.

by Bill Chambers on Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:33 am
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Many thanks, E.J.
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by bradmangas on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:17 pm
bradmangas
Forum Contributor
In the ten years I have owned a DSLR I have never used the wet method to clean my sensors. I have had great results using a sensor brush. I have even cleaned smoke smudge from the sensor with the brush. It is a very quick and easy method for sensor cleaning. There may come a time when I may have to resort to a wet cleaning but until then I will stick and recommend the good ol' sensor brush.

http://www.thedustpatrol.com/products/d-slr-brush/

by Bill Chambers on Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:00 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
bradmangas wrote:In the ten years I have owned a DSLR I have never used the wet method to clean my sensors. I have had great results using a sensor brush. I have even cleaned smoke smudge from the sensor with the brush. It is a very quick and easy method for sensor cleaning. There may come a time when I may have to resort to a wet cleaning but until then I will stick and recommend the good ol' sensor brush.

http://www.thedustpatrol.com/products/d-slr-brush/
Thanks Brad,

I have cleaned it with a brush but I have one more stubborn spot that hasn't turned loose.  I've used Eclipse Fluid a good bit over the years and have never had a problem and it really does a wonderful job.  I say Eclipse but I'm not absolutely sure it is made by Eclipse.  If so, it is their Sensor Cleaner, and I "think" it is actually Eclipse, but it's been 2-3 years since I've needed it so I'm no longer sure.  Hey, I'm old, what can I say.
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

5 posts |