« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 2 posts | 
by Joerg Rockenberger on Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:17 pm
Joerg Rockenberger
Forum Contributor
Hi,

I had to upgrade to a new MacBook Pro and it has macOS Sierra installed. Unfortunately, Bridge CS6 does not recognize the memory card attached with an external card reader. I know that the card and card reader work fine as I can see and import the images via Apple's Image Capture as well as with Capture One. 

Some googling suggests that this issue popped up when Apple introduced El Capitan. Adobe fixed it for Bridge CC but not for CS6, and probably never will, as far as I can tell. Does anyone have a solution for this? 

I realize that sooner or later I'll have to move on from CS6 and maybe this might be the start. What software comes closest to Bridge's functionality? Note, I am absolutely not interested in using Lightroom. And I feel Capture One to be a bit overwhelming.

Photomechanic?

Thanks. Joerg

by Joerg Rockenberger on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:32 pm
Joerg Rockenberger
Forum Contributor
archfotos wrote:[font=Arial, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, sans-serif]Once you've downloaded the images from the card to your computer's hard drive does Bridge still not see the folder of images?[/font]
I never use the import feature always a drag and drop of files, then I go open up Bridge.  Still waiting to see what Affinity releases before I leave Bridge for good.  I'm with you on not wanting to touch Lightroom.
Thanks for addressing my question. I didn't specifically test if bridge sees the folder with the images after copying them from the card by other means. I have no reason to assume that it won't.

And yes, copying manually is certainly an option. But importing via Bridge automatically transfers the photos into sub-directories according to their shot date, makes backup copies to another drive if specified, and applies the info from a metadata template (e.g. copyright, name, etc.).   

And yes, all of these things can be done manually but it's just convenient to have it done once upon transferring the photos. After all, it's the 21st century...

Joerg

2 posts |