Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Tim Zurowski on Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:25 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
Let me start by saying that I am not a fan of Nikon's Capture NX-D, but there are a few features that I do use. For some reason, NX-D will not display my complete folder structure in my PHOTOS (D) drive, and will not allow me access to all folders. Here are screen shots of the file/folder structure in NX-D vs View NX2. I chose View NX2 for comparison because they are both Nikon software products, so one would "assume" they should both display the same. The complete file/folder structure shows up in all my apps, except NX-D. Can anyone explain why this is and what I can do to correct it? I do not need to hear how horrible NX-D is, rather just if there is anyway to fix this.

Much appreciated :)

by Tim Zurowski on Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:46 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
I figured it out. For some reason, the folders not displaying had been assigned as "hidden" in the Windows file/folder properties. No idea how or why some were hidden and some not, as I did not assign them that way myself. Also, no idea why most other programs recognize and display the folders while NX-D did not? Just another dumb thing done by Nikon software I guess. Anyway, I did a global uncheck of all the hidden folders and they are now all showing up. Thought I would post this in case it helps someone else. :)

by DChan on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:00 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
Tim Zurowski wrote:... For some reason, NX-D will not display my complete folder structure in my PHOTOS (D) drive, and will not allow me access to all folders. Here are screen shots of the file/folder structure in NX-D vs View NX2.... I do not need to hear how horrible NX-D is, rather just if there is anyway to fix this....
At least you found a fix. Capture One Pro also does not seem to disclose all the folders.

3 posts |