Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Larry Shuman on Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:54 am
Larry Shuman
Forum Contributor
I have a stand alone CS6 running Win 7 pro. After I followed the advice in the previous section concerning Nik filters being greyed out on B/W images.
This morning I opened a color NEF. When I choose the clone brush, sized it (made it larger) and made a sample selection. Then I tried it on a branch and it came out white in color. What the heck is going on? I am NOT an IT person and I am completely stumped. Help.

Larry Shuman

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:54 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Make sure your clone tool isn't accidentally set up as the pattern stamp tool.  If your clone tool icon in the toolbar has a little x in the icon with the stamp, that's what's going on.  Simply click and hold the clone tool til the fly-out menu opens and select the Clone Stamp Tool

by Larry Shuman on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:56 pm
Larry Shuman
Forum Contributor
Thanks EJ. I found in the modes section the normal was not checked. Once I checked normal the clone brush is working as normal again. In my effort and my IT challenged knowledge I removed CS6-64 from the computer. Then I reloaded it from my disk. In bridge I now do not get previews when I click on a image file. Should I delete the bridge icon on my desktop and bring another in from the reloaded CS6?

Thanks again

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:50 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I'm assuming by what you wrote that you saw the image previews before the reinstall and not now afterwards.  If you reinstalled you are running a very old version of CS6 and need to update first as you likely have a camera that is newer than when CS6 was initially released and was added later.  Click on Help and then Updates.  Once you have done the update, you should be able to see the previews as before.

BTW, this as well as the other Nik related topic are posted in the wrong forum.  I have already moved the Nik topic to the Digital Forum and will move this one as soon as you respond to this.

by Larry Shuman on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:17 am
Larry Shuman
Forum Contributor
I restarted the unit last evening and this morning After I reloaded CS6 I updated it and restarted the computer.I have the preview back. Everything is right with the world. Thank you for all your help with this.
Larry Shuman

5 posts |