Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Roger Williams on Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:05 pm
Roger Williams
Forum Contributor
My camera raw tools have ceased working for some reason and I'm hoping one of you might have the solution.
When I bring an image into CR, all of the sliders work fine, but the tools at the top of the screen do not. For example, the crop tool creates a small double-line box on a portion of the image. When I release the mouse, the entire image suddenly increases to 100% without any crop. Everything worked fine until yesterday when it suddenly acted up. The other tools act similarly in that they create this double-line box around the entire image without doing what they normally do. 

Any thoughts?

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:05 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Killing the preferences file ought to take care of that as it does almost all Adobe glitches. If you don''t want to lose your workspace configuration in Bridge and PS, make sure to save them first and then you just reload them when you relaunch the program after deleting the prefs file. you didn't say which version of Photoshop you are using so you can Google the location and procedure for deleting the preferences file - it is likely the one in Bridge that's messed up but it might be the PS one and i can't recall if ACR uses its own or shares the Bridge prefs file.

by Kim on Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:18 pm
Kim
Forum Contributor
If you hold down ALT, CTRL, Shift as you start Photoshop it will automatically delete the Preference file and create a new one at start up. Use Command something shift on a mac.

If just one of your tools is acting funny in Photoshop then you can reset the tool preference but clicking on the Arrow beside the tool in the top bar that you are using. A box opens with a round settings symbol on the far right, click on that and choose Reset Tool. If other tools are iffy click on Reset All Tools and your tools should be good again. If that does not work then delete the preference file as above via Alt CTRL, Shift.

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:00 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
His issue is with ACR which is linked to the Bridge preferences file, not the Photoshop preferences file if memory serves so the procedure needs to be done when launching Bridge.

4 posts |