Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Craig Lipski on Fri May 19, 2017 2:59 pm
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
Location: The bustling metropolis of Fowlerville, Michigan, and the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley
Member #:00495
I screwed up - this is only tangentially related to photography, but you all are a trusted resource.
I've used WHCC for prints before, and I've been happy.  
I haven't used them on this computer, though.  It didn't have JAVA; it does now.  When trying to download / install ROES, I screwed up and had it try to use Adobe Acrobat, and now, even though I've downloaded JAVA, every time I try ROES it defaults to Acrobat, which, of course, won't work.  I can't see where / how to get it to use JAVA.  Make sense?  Any ideas?  I'll just wait, red-faced, in  the corner now. . .  :oops:
Thanks in advance.

Edit: I just had a thought; what if I uninstalled Acrobat, then tried again - might that work, or would I just screw things up further?

Last edited by Craig Lipski on Fri May 19, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by E.J. Peiker on Fri May 19, 2017 3:03 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I have no idea what most of your message means ;) but I believe you have a file type association problem. just select one of the files and right click on it and then click on Open With, then even if the correct app is there click on Choose default program, find the program and also check the "Always use the selected program" box

by Vivek on Fri May 26, 2017 9:08 pm
Vivek
Lifetime Member
Member #:01186
Craig, what EJ says is right. Seems like ROES is a .exe file that needs JAVA to work. Just check the extension of the file and "de-associate" that extension from Acrobat.

A lot of printers use ROES (bayphoto does too) but I absolutely HATE that program - such a terrible SW design...If there was a better interface to Bayphoto, I would use them a lot more, just saying.
-- Vivek Khanzode
http://www.birdpixel.com

3 posts |