Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by John Guastella on Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:58 pm
John Guastella
Forum Contributor
Joshua Holko has posted on his blog his review of the new 4K BenQ SW320 monitor.

Here is the link: BenQ SW320 Review

AFAIK, this is the first posted review of this widely-anticipated monitor.

The reviewer discloses that he is an ambassador for BenQ and that they provided the test unit to him at no cost, so you may wish to take his review with a grain or two of salt.

John

by John Guastella on Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:40 pm
John Guastella
Forum Contributor
B&H now has this monitor listed for pre-order. It's priced higher (US$1,400) than some of the initial reports indicated (which, IIRC, claimed it would be around US$1,000):

BenQ SW320 at B&H

At that price, a refurbished NEC PA322UHD may be a better choice (although it would only have a one-year warranty).

I'm going to wait for some more reviews before making a decision. 

John

by Royce Howland on Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:43 pm
Royce Howland
Forum Contributor
Member #:00460
I read Joshua's comments with interest. I'll be trying to get ahold of a BenQ SW320 relatively soon after they are shipping in Canada, in order to evaluate it. NEC SpectraView is still my benchmark, but the SW320 @ $1400 USD is a highly attractive option, compared to the NEC PA322UHD @ $3100 USD. (Both prices at B&H.)

Long-term reliability & stability of the BenQ monitors is still unknown, but a number of weeks along my smaller BenQ SW2700PT still has given me no complaints. I use it alongside NEC PA302W's, and there's no real operational reason for me to choose one over the other, so far...
Royce Howland

3 posts |