Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by Mike in O on Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:38 am
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
I tried to upgrade from LR 5 to 6 which was difficult but doable but then I tried to upgrade to 6.8 which was a 2 + plus hour torture chamber of transferring to incompetent individuals who had no idea what was involved.  I am used to LR and felt I needed it for the 99II but Adobe Customer service help proceeded to fry my system and I am back to Win 8 from win 10 and all my book marks within my browser are erased.  This is just too much to bear.

by Woodswalker on Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:54 am
Woodswalker
Forum Contributor
I had something happen, not sure what, but one of two laptops I run gave me an authentication error on both LR6 and CS6. Had I been on the road working when this happened, it would've been an absolute nightmare. I had no success re-entering my licensing numbers so had to make the dreaded call to tech support. Three calls later I finally reached a person who was able to help and solved the problem. I asked why this happened and he had no answer. So while I'm not wearing a tinfoil hat just yet, one thing I learned is that the level of support for standalone programs like mine is less than subscription/CC programs and whether you can be helped depends on who you talk to.

by leona011 on Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:58 pm
leona011
Forum Contributor
Mike in O wrote:I tried to upgrade from LR 5 to 6 which was difficult but doable but then I tried to upgrade to 6.8 which was a 2 + plus hour torture chamber of transferring to incompetent [font=Calibri][url=http://www.shuttle-paris-airports. ... t][/color][font=Calibri]/]shuttle paris [/url] [/font]individuals who had no idea what was involved.  I am used to LR and felt I needed it for the 99II but Adobe Customer service help proceeded to fry my system and I am back to Win 8 from win 10 and all my book marks within my browser are erased.  This is just too much to bear.
[font=Arial, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, sans-serif]Hello,
You are really lucky!
I tried to pass the LR 5 to 6 and I did not even succeed!
I do not even know what I missed![/font]

by Neilyb on Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:33 am
Neilyb
Forum Contributor
I can only recommend NEVER using Adobe support, I find Google finds the answers to my problems far more quickly ;)

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:10 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Bottom line is that Adobe does not want you to upgrade to anything but CC and any attempt to upgrade to anything but CC will result in deliberate roadblocks to your doing so. Adobe is one of the most unethical businesses that I have ever dealt with. Their pitch initially to sell CC was that it will allow them to constantly bring out new features rather than be based on major releases. Has this happened? No, they continue to do major releases about once a year and they do not do small incremental feature adds - that was a big lie. Then they said that LR would not be a part of the CC business model - lie. Then they said the LR non-CC would stay in sync with LRCC - lie. Then they said that this was all about the customer but in the financial news they said it was about linearizing the revenue stream - the former was another lie.

I will not give Adobe one penny until their ethics, business, and quite frankly their management at the top changes. Yes I still use CS6 but I no longer use them for anything but the final finishing of photos and once Affinity is mature, i am likely to switch but I will not pay Adobe one cent.

by Mike in O on Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:44 pm
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
Lucky my backup for photos worked because it was external and not hooked up, all my photos were deleted but recoverable. I look on this adventure as a Spring Cleaning to get rid of a lot of things I didn't use.

6 posts |