Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:07 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
I depend on this camera to establish the correct metadata at exposure.  

So I took a shot at the carryon ramp this morning, just after dawn.  The "man-time" difference between last spring and now is huge.  I really need the metadata to be accurate for the work I am doing.  

I took the image at around 7 a.m..(roughly 5+ a.m. nature's time this spring).   The metadata says it was taken at 4:01p.m. yesterday!   So all this time this camera has probably been recording the wrong time.  I checked the time inside this D500 and I do have it set correctly.

What is going on?

Is this one of those firmware malfunctions.  I thought I did not have any problems with this copy.  Maybe so.  If so, good show Nikon!    

by photoman4343 on Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:26 am
photoman4343
Forum Contributor
Images from my D 500 reflect the correct time and date of the exposure. I just checked some images taken last night. I used Nikon View NX-i to read the metadata. I would double check the metadata with Nikon software to see if you get the same result.

If you added any metadata after you took the image, you might have changed date and time by accident.

This is the latest firmware for the D 500. Make sure your camera has it installed: C:Ver.1.10 2016/08/31

I do not know if firmware affects your issue or not.

Joe
Joe Smith

by Anthony Medici on Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:49 am
Anthony Medici
Lifetime Member
Member #:00012
The most obvious way to reproduce what you are describing is by having a different time zones set on your camera than you're using on your computer.
Tony

3 posts |