Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:19 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
When I choose "Filter" in PS CC, there was always a drop down which include Viveza and HDR Effex Pro 2.   But now it is gone!

Also, in the Dock area of this mac, there is a large question mark (?) over the PS logo.

What is going on?

Thank you.

by Jens Peermann on Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:31 am
Jens Peermann
Forum Contributor
Right click on the Dock Icon with the question mark and choose Options > Remove from Dock (Photoshop must not be open for this option to be available). Then go to the Applications folder, open the Photoshop folder, grab the Photoshop.app Icon and drag it into the Dock. That will restore the link to Photoshop and make it work again. It may also restore the link to the Nik Filters, but I am not sure about that.
A great photograph is absorbed by the eyes and stored in the heart.

by DOglesby on Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:09 pm
DOglesby
Lifetime Member
Member #:01155
During a recent upgrade of Photoshop it removed my Nik plugins as well. I needed to copy them over from the old application's plugins folder (which still remained). I had the same "question mark" issue you experienced after upgrading to Mac OS Sierra. I just did what Jens said and it was fine but that didn't have anything to do with missing filters from the filter drop down.
Cheers,
Doug

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:39 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Nothing got removed as you know. Adobe chose to install the new update as a separate Photoshop application on your computer along side of the old so you could run both. Photoshop does not look for third party plug-ins when doing these version upgrades. Everything is still there, it's just not pointing to it. When this happens you can either rerun the installer for the third party software as long as they have updated their installers or you can simply copy over the plug-ins to the identical folder in the new instance of Photoshop. It's purely an Adobe issue and it is very much intentional.

by Lightlover on Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:22 am
Lightlover
Forum Contributor
I have the Nik Collection .exe file (which is now free which I am sure you all know) sat in a folder on my desktop. If ever I needed to reinstall them it would take about 5 mins. Can you not just reinstall?

5 posts |