« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 17 posts | 
by Bill Chambers on Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:03 am
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Bought a new laptop (Dell Latitude using Windows 7 Pro, 16GB Ram) and downloaded Capture One 9.3 last night but when I tried to open it I got an P1.modelcore.dll error message.  I googled it and tried the suggested fix to no avail. I put in a support ticket but haven't heard back from Phase One.  C1 9.3 works fine on my desktop (Windows 7 Pro,  48 GB Ram). 

Has anyone else run into this problem and, if so, were you able to remedy the situation?

Thanks,
Bill
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:36 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Hmm, that's a new one. It means that a required dynamic link library is either missing or corrupt. the first thing I would do is to redownload the software and then reinstall it.

by Bill Chambers on Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:38 am
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:Hmm, that's a new one.  It means that a required dynamic link library is either missing or corrupt.  the first thing I would do is to redownload the software and then reinstall it.

I tried that E.J. with no luck.  Uninstalled and reinstalled a total of three times with same result.
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by Bill Chambers on Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:40 am
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
I also tried going into the Properties section of the Setup file and making it compatible with earlier versions of Windows as per the Google suggested fix but that didn't work either.
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:16 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
After you uninstalled did you do a reboot, followed by a registry clean, followed by another reboot before reinstalling?  You should always do that when unistalling software from windows because the Windows uninstaller does not remove registry entries.

by Bill Chambers on Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:24 am
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:After you uninstalled did you do a reboot, followed by a registry clean, followed by another reboot before reinstalling?  You should always do that when unistalling software from windows because the Windows uninstaller does not remove registry entries.

I think I remember rebooting but I know I DIDN'T do a registry clean.  What is that and how do I do that?
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:15 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
download the free version of ccleaner and then run the registry cleaner over and over until it finds no more bad entries. It will take three passes at least if you have never done that before and you will be shocked by how many bad registry entries you ahve on your system and many of them cause small performance hits:
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

by Bill Chambers on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:30 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Thank you E.J. Will do. Hopefully that'll solve the issue.
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by DChan on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:28 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:download the free version of ccleaner and then run the registry cleaner over and over until it finds no more bad entries.  It will take three passes at least if you have never done that before and you will be shocked by how many bad registry entries you ahve on your system and many of them cause small performance hits:
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Or, use WinASO Registry Optimizer - free version available - and you would find a lot more bad registry entries that the free version of CCleaner has not discovered. I use both by the way.

by Bill Chambers on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:31 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
No joy using either registry cleaner.  Still won't run.  I did get an error message that might mean something to you guys.  Pasted it below.  Does this info give you any idea?  Can I just download that file or whatever separately since C1 is obviously not downloading it?

Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:49 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Oh, that means there is a problem with the OS and how it is using the monitor. This has nothing to do with C1. With that message, the next thing I would try is to run a Windows Repair.

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:52 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
This seems to be a common problem. here are some links with solutions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18-NocobSQk (this one is a bit hard to follow)

This one seems to be a better link:
https://blog.spreendigital.de/2015/09/0 ... 0-seattle/

And here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3326 ... ffice-file

Basically just put that program name into Google and they pretty much all point to aproblem with the Visual C++ on you computer and it needs to be reinstalled. The link above tells you how.

by Bill Chambers on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:52 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
ok. How would i do that? Is that the same as a system restore?
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:02 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Try the second link above.  You may not need to do the repair.  I can't walk you through the repair here.  Just Google it.  I won't be able to help you any further since I am likely going to be off line for the next 12 days.  But everything I'm telling you comes up immediately on Google searches.

by Mike in O on Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:38 pm
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
C1 left a message when I tried to upgrade that Dell's backup and recovery can interfere with C1 and there is an upgrade for Win10. I tried it and just got all sorts pop ups (seemed Dell has sold their back up and recovery.

by signgrap on Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:16 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
Mike in O wrote:C1 left a message when I tried to upgrade that Dell's backup and recovery can interfere with C1 and there is an upgrade for Win10.  I tried it and just got all sorts pop ups (seemed Dell has sold their back up and recovery.
I got the same message when upgrading C1 to 9.3.
I downloaded the latest version of Dell Backup and Recovery software from the Dell website and everything whet without a hitch.
Dick Ludwig

by Mike in O on Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:22 pm
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
signgrap wrote:
Mike in O wrote:C1 left a message when I tried to upgrade that Dell's backup and recovery can interfere with C1 and there is an upgrade for Win10.  I tried it and just got all sorts pop ups (seemed Dell has sold their back up and recovery.
I got the same message when upgrading C1 to 9.3.
I downloaded the latest version of Dell Backup and Recovery software from the Dell website and everything whet without a hitch.
I wouldn't trust the new owners (maybe Russian LOL, good luck)

17 posts |