by E.J. Peiker on Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:55 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Some software updates to handle all the new cameras:
Adobe LR v. CC2015.7
Adobe ACR  v. 9.7
Capture One v 9.3

Run your updaters but maybe wait a couple of days to make sure there aren't any major issues.

by WJaekel on Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:29 pm
WJaekel
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:Some software updates to handle all the new cameras:
Adobe LR v. CC2015.7
Adobe ACR  v. 9.7
Capture One v 9.3

Run your updaters but maybe wait a couple of days to make sure there aren't any major issues.
Thank you, E.J. Though I'm using CaptureOne for processing but I mostly have organized and labelled my files with LR when on a trip. I wonder if the LR 2015.7 update is only usuable for CC members or also available for the stand alone version ? The latest LR version 6.6.1 (2015.6) that I had installed via a patch on v 6.1 is working as a stand alone application.I have stayed away from the rental strategy to date.

Thanks

Wolfgang

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:33 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
There is a LR 5.71 update link on the Adobe website:
http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates.html

by WJaekel on Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:13 pm
WJaekel
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:There is a LR 5.71 update link on the Adobe website:
http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates.html
I already have LR 6.6.1/2015.6 as a stand alone version so there's no need to update to/from LR 5.71. The question was, if the latest version you referred to in your first post (LR 6.7/2015.7) is applicable as an update for the stand alone version, too, or just for CC members. I don't want to be trapped in the CC route by trying to update my LR 6.6.1 to LR 6.7.
Previously I had updated LR 6.1 to 6.6.1 via the patch from https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/li ... loads.html without a problem and was not forced to the CC model. Sorry if there's was any confusion in my post.

Wolfgang  

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:36 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Oh oops, I was off a version - not a LR user so I missed that. So much for Adobe's promise on LR to keep it in line with CC.

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:20 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
LR 6.7 is also available.

by Woodswalker on Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:10 am
Woodswalker
Forum Contributor
For those of you with stand alone programs I'd be wary of software updates. I have stand alone LR and Photoshop 6 programs on both of my Apple computers. For whatever reason I began receiving Serial # Invalid for both programs on one of my machines. During this time there were both Apple updates and Adobe updates so there are two variables here. It took some frustration and two chat sessions (apparently my programs do not support phone calls) with the Adobe tech help people to fix this. I chatted with three people before the problem was fixed. There was no explanation as to why this happened. So when and I noticed the LR update and saw that it was called a Lightroom CC update, needless to say I didn't update and would ask why this option even appears on a stand alone program?

by signgrap on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:05 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
Woodswalker wrote:. . . So when and I noticed the LR update and saw that it was called a Lightroom CC update, needless to say I didn't update and would ask why this option even appears on a stand alone program?
Adobe has been calling the LR 6 update LR CC for a while now. When you click the LR CC update, to update LR 6, it updates 6 just fine (and NO it wont include any of the nice CC features like Dehaze in your standalone LR 6 after the update  :evil: ). Don't ask me why Adobe calls the update CC it's just another annoying thing Adobe does to confuse their customers.
Dick Ludwig

by Woodswalker on Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:21 am
Woodswalker
Forum Contributor
One day I'll build up enough courage to try the LR CC update on my stand-alone LR but based on my recent experience it might take awhile!

9 posts |